Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can’t do 12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 23 MX. I had transferred FSD from my 19 M3 last fall when I bought the X.

I’ve been running V11 FSD since I bought the car. This week, I noticed it had installed 12.3 and used it for a trip to the grocery store. It was fabulous. Since then, it won’t auto steer. It gives me a generic warning about going into the control panel.

I went into control panel and found that FSD Beta had been backed down to lane centering. When I try to select FSD, the option to activate FSD is greyed out.

How do I get my FSD back?

Three things to try:

1. Create a second profile and switch to it. That may restore functionality. You can then switch back to your normal profile.
2. Hold down both scroll wheels until the car screen goes black which is just rebooting the system. That may restore functionality.
3. Turn off sentry, leave car unplugged, don't touch the mobile app, and walk away for 20 minutes or so to get the car to deep sleep. Then come back and see if functionality is restored.

I have a 23 MX. I had transferred FSD from my 19 M3 last fall when I bought the X.

I’ve been running V11 FSD since I bought the car. This week, I noticed it had installed 12.3 and used it for a trip to the grocery store. It was fabulous. Since then, it won’t auto steer. It gives me a generic warning about going into the control panel.

I went into control panel and found that FSD Beta had been backed down to lane centering. When I try to select FSD, the option to activate FSD is greyed out.

Start by going to the software panel and verify that your car still has FSD. Maybe Tesla screwed up something and took away FSD.

Do a two-button reset of the MCU. It may not help, but it's quick and might fix the problem.

Go into the not-so-secret Service Mode and try reinstalling the software.

If all of these fail, generate a service ticket.

Reactions: MP3Mike

I wonder if what happened to me happened to you? I had 11.4.9 and got 12.3. Then I found it not FSD'ing at all. Eventually realized all I had was Enhanced Autopilot enabled.

When I tried to enable FSD, the Yes button was greyed out so that it could not be selected. After a bit I noticed that there was a EULA box to check above the No/Yes buttons, but it was not so easy to pick out that it was a check box and that is wasn't checked. After I checked it to agree to the terms, the Yes button was enabled, and I was able to turn on FSD. (2023MYP)

I wonder if what happened to me happened to you? I had 11.4.9 and got 12.3. Then I found it not FSD'ing at all. Eventually realized all I had was Enhanced Autopilot enabled.

When I tried to enable FSD, the Yes button was greyed out so that it could not be selected. After a bit I noticed that there was a EULA box to check above the No/Yes buttons, but it was not so easy to pick out that it was a check box and that is wasn't checked. After I checked it to agree to the terms, the Yes button was enabled, and I was able to turn on FSD. (2023MYP)
This worked

Reactions: phxazcraig