Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camper mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't tried folding the seats flat yet or looked for a camper mode and was wondering if this is indeed possible with the 3? Do the seats fold flat and is there enough room for one? What is the best method of enabling the climate but without draining the rest of the car or having the lights on etc.?

Seats do fold flat and will sleep 1 adult comfortably for sure up to roughly 6' in height. A bit too narrow for two adults (relative to Model S).
However, Camper Mode is not part of the Model 3 software yet, so I'm not sure you can currently do climate/etc as in Model S.

From personal experience, I’ve slept in the driver seat, and no matter how you turn on the climate (phone or screen) it will shut off after about 30 minutes of inactivity even if you’re in the seat. (Well, the 30 minute number is what I read online. I was asleep by that point but everything was off when I woke up so it seems about right).

I haven’t tried a 3rd party app but from what I hear, it may be possible to use them to keep the climate on as it checks into the car every so often to keep it awake.

I wasn't aware the Model 3 didn't have a setting to keep the climate control on yet. On the MS, it is on the climate screen, says "Keep climate on" or some such. I'm sure they'll add it soon.

Dashboard for Tesla has this function, if you have an Android phone and are trying to use it in an area with cell coverage. Doesn't help much for remote areas.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad