Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to enable Drag Strip Mode remotely?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love taking people for rides in my car and launching the car to get their reaction, never gets old. Especially someone who is skeptical about EV's or has never ridden in one before. I live in the north east, and when turning on drag strip mode, it can over 30 minutes to warm up the battery before I get the 'ready to lunch' message. It kind of takes away the magic if I have to leave the conversation to go turn on drag strip modem then come back, or if I bring someone into the car, then drive around for 30 minutes until the car is 'ready'.
I know I don't have to wait until I get the 'ready to launch' message. I'd rather do it under ideal conditions and give that person the best possible experience.

Is there any way to remotely turn on drag strip mode remotely (when you're not in the car)?
I've tried a few 3rd party apps, haven't found one yet that enables this functionality. Also have the S3XY buttons, doesn't seem to be an option there either.

Any Ideas?

Reactions: zivac87
You don't really need it. The car is still super quick even if you don't. It is one of the best no prep, run what you brung, cars I've ever owned.

I can promise you your passengers will never know the difference! Likely you won't either but you would see it on your time slip.

You don't really need it. The car is still super quick even if you don't. It is one of the best no prep, run what you brung, cars I've ever owned.

I can promise you your passengers will never know the difference! Likely you won't either but you would see it on your time slip.
I admit, might be placebo effect, but on cold days when I first jump in the car without pre-conditioning or turning on drag strip mode, I do notice it. Yes, you're right, it's still fast, but I feel like there is a noticeable difference.
Could be summer tires not having optimal grip in winter temperatures, but I'd like to optimize of things I'm able to control.

Even at the drag strip, it would be nice to have remote control of drag strip mode, more time to spend outside of the car chatting and walking around. Also wouldn't have to worry about battery drain from leaving drag strip on,

Slap a Dragy and see what the difference is for your car. I found on my MSLR it made absolutely no difference what I did for the time. For the Plaid, it isn't worth the difference for me on the street. If I am chasing timeslips, I might worry about it.

At the end of the day, whatever makes sense for you. FYI - I haven't seen a consistent measurable difference 0-60 between the modes when on the street. Traction is always my issue, not track mode, cheetah stance, etc. or not.

Drag strip mode is great for a sticky track, but the traction control in DS Mode is more obtrusive on the street. Especially if it's cold outside, you're better off pedaling the car out of the hole and easing into it, it is absolutely going to spin. Go punch it from a 30-50 roll while looking in your rearview mirror and you'll see two nice black marks behind you. I would say DS mode is worth it to get the batteries warm to do some higher-speed pulls, but anything under 70ish is traction-limited on less-than-perfect/cold surfaces.