Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Supercharger Prices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where I live in California, I can charge at work with Powerflex for 10 cents/kwh.
Our neighborhood schools all have free off-peak charging with Powerflex. During the Pandemic my wife decided she would rather charge on the weekend at the school and get the exercise walking home.

On the actual thread topic, Silicon Valley Superchargers have a variety of different prices. For example, the two Cupertino Superchargers had notably different pricing the last time I looked at it.

Our neighborhood schools all have free off-peak charging with Powerflex. During the Pandemic my wife decided she would rather charge on the weekend at the school and get the exercise walking home.

On the actual thread topic, Silicon Valley Superchargers have a variety of different prices. For example, the two Cupertino Superchargers had notably different pricing the last time I looked at it.

So you are the one responsible for Cupertino school closings yesterday!

Hahaha.... Can't resist.

Yeah, I was updating the pricing in my TezLab app and discovered how wide spread the change is. Like they decided to unify the pricing, although there are a few places left where it's still only the off-peak pricing all the time (Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco). I'll have to check if my favorite get outta town chargers have lost their great pricing (Gilroy and Roseville).

Hopefully this is just a Holiday Tax and things go back down after the crazy driving season ends, I'm leaving Sunday myself, hopefully the free CHAdeMO chargers are not all in use due to the crush of people traveling.

Was it at certain times in the day? I live in the East Bay so most of the time I charge in the Dublin/Pleasanton/San Ramon areas. When I traveled to Fremont recently, I did not notice a difference in price.

Yeah, I was updating the pricing in my TezLab app and discovered how wide spread the change is. Like they decided to unify the pricing, although there are a few places left where it's still only the off-peak pricing all the time (Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco). I'll have to check if my favorite get outta town chargers have lost their great pricing (Gilroy and Roseville).

Hopefully this is just a Holiday Tax and things go back down after the crazy driving season ends, I'm leaving Sunday myself, hopefully the free CHAdeMO chargers are not all in use due to the crush of people traveling.
Roseville is quite far ouch lol (I mean north of Sac). With that said, do you have a CHAdeMO adapter? If so, which one?

If I am leaving the state on 80 Roseville is perfect from the Bay Area to recharge at, not in my car right now, but the last time I charged there is was like 20 cents all day. Same going southbound, Gilroy is 16 cents all day. But the last time I charged there was Wednesday.

And then the CHAdeMO gets me free power from the rest stop just before Truckee. Same trick works leaving LA for Las Vegas, or SF to LA at Camp Richards and many chargers on Hwy 99, or ALMOST SF to Oregon with the charger at Maxwell and at Hornbrook.

I think the EVCS chargers are still free in Oregon so that's gonna make my Thanksgiving travel using my old Tesla CHAdeMO charger almost free. Of course I cannot recommend Tesla's CHAdeMO adapters as they are not longer available and the cheapest one used on eBay is still way over what I paid and is in Ukraine. People are charging double for those things now that Tesla stopped making them.

Can't wait for the CCS charger, but my car will need an upgrade to the charger board.

Reactions: CSGeekme