Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California HOV sticker?? Lol .. really????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what’s even more crazier and straight backwards…Texas not allowing any Texas built Tesla to be sold to any Texas resident.

No. What's really crazy is Tesla deciding to move their headquarters to Texas and not first saying "Well we'll do that: create a Texas industry, create Texas jobs and pay Texas taxes .... IF you let us sell any of our vehicles directly to Texas residents AND give a two year initial registration"

I still can't believe they didn't do a little arm-twisting

Really? It looked like fake stickers but I didn’t look that closely. Sure would be easy to knock them off.
superficially easy, but with the holographics not so much.
for 22 bucks registration fee, not worth the effort.

the CA stickers are designed to disintegrate on tampering or removal, leaving difficult to remove remnants.
that's the benefit of using PPF backers. Put the sticker on the PPF, apply the PPF to the car.
when it's time to remove, a light heat gun treatment and it all peels off cleanly.

all HOV stickers expire Sept 2025 anyway. it's a legacy EV benefit that's going away. great while it lasts.

Reactions: Nolakai
I can tell you the use of the HOV lanes is a huge benefit though !!

Well until there's a collision! I've seen quite a few here where someone must have stopped in the HOV lane and the next person in line was probably looking at all the other non-HOV motorists, giving them the finger and laughing because they're going at 80 mph ... straight into the back of the parked car!

Also, here in Texas, if you look at cars in the HOV lane, more than half are single occupancy, which I personally find really annoying. and EVs don't get a "free" ride in our HOV lanes either

Well until there's a collision! I've seen quite a few here where someone must have stopped in the HOV lane and the next person in line was probably looking at all the other non-HOV motorists, giving them the finger and laughing because they're going at 80 mph ... straight into the back of the parked car!

Also, here in Texas, if you look at cars in the HOV lane, more than half are single occupancy, which I personally find really annoying. and EVs don't get a "free" ride in our HOV lanes either
HOV rules get universally violated.
here in CA, people blow in and out all day. there are no barriers to entry/exit other than painted lines.
never seen a CHP catch a scofflaw. and people have figured out that if traffic is heavy, there's no way to get caught.
(I drove 30K/yr to/fr LA for 25yrs)
I've once heard about a friend having an HOV accident - he got his M3 run over by a lady in an SUV ducking into HOV trying to avoid a stopped car in her own (3rd) lane. Obviously she was on her cellphone and missed everyone slowing down....

but unrestricted use of HOV lanes during heavy traffic is a godsend.