Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an email notice about using the right mailing address for CVRP applications:

Dear CVRP applicant,

The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE) completed moving to a new location in San Diego this week. It has come to our attention that some delivery services (notably UPS, OnTrac and DHL) will not forward any mail delivered to our former address at 8690 Balboa Ave, Ste. 100, San Diego, CA, 92123.

Please send your supporting documents to the following address in order to ensure that your package is received:

Attn: Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
California Center for Sustainable Energy
9325 Sky Park Court, Ste. 100
San Diego, CA 92123

If you have already mailed your application materials using the aforementioned services, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We will be happy to work with you in order to guarantee that your rebate application is processed efficiently and accurately.

PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Postal Service (USPS) and FedEx packages will be forwarded from the Balboa Ave. address and do not require you to take any further action.

Thank you for your commitment to clean air vehicles and for your understanding in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,

CVRP Staff

California Center for Sustainable Energy
9325 Sky Park Court, Ste. 100
San Diego, CA 92123
858.244.1177 phone
858.244.1178 fax
Clean Vehicle Rebate Project

01/19 - got the car
01/23 - submitted the application online (the day the 60 kWh car showed up on the list of cvrp-eligible vehicles)
01/28 - email response with requirements from cvrp
01/29 - mailed docs
02/01 - got approval by email just now

Congratulations! Your Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) application has been approved. CVRP Staff are diligently working to process your rebate check as soon as possible.

Vehicle Information

Vehicle Model: Tesla, Model S-60kWh,
Vehicle Year: 2013
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): 5YJSA1CG8DFP03552

Rebate checks are issued in the order applications were approved and will be made within sixty (60) days of application approval.

Wow, is that right? $3M in a month? That would mean that virtually all of the Teslas are being delivered in California.

Referencing markb1's crawler - Chart of CVRP remaining funds

* The chart shows 70-100k being reserved everyday.
* Assuming $70k/day - 42 days left
* Assuming $100k/day - 30 days left

The troubling part was that there's been renewed hope for getting the rebate. I wasn't expecting my car until May/June (no more money by then). But, my delivery window came up faster than expected (Feb 2nd - 16th), and now I'm hoping that there are no delays so that I can apply for the rebate. At the end of it all, I can't be sad if I don't get it. The sucky part is for the early reservation holders that are waiting for delayed options (multi-coat red, normal suspension, 40kwh), they will most likely not be getting this even though they reserved before me.

Last edited:
It's averaging $88,567 per day, since I started keeping track of the pending funds, and it looks pretty steady. Here's a snapshot of the graph today:

oimg.png

Notice the red line, which is remaining funds minus pending funds.

01/19 - got the car
01/23 - submitted the application online (the day the 60 kWh car showed up on the list of cvrp-eligible vehicles)
01/28 - email response with requirements from cvrp
01/29 - mailed docs
02/01 - got approval by email just now

GG, did you already have your license plates. I'm still waiting on mine. Don't you need a license plate to apply for the rebate?