Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cadillac Super Cruise owner reports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread on Cadillac forums contains the first real world owner reports of the system. Surprise surprise - Caddy owners like to complain just as much as Tesla owners do. There's even a gripe about build quality!

Cadillac forums : Cadillac Owners Forum
Yeah....... that’s why I originally said I’m not gonna hold my breath about ANYONE’s advertised capability in a present or upcoming car. Once there’s hundreds of YouTube videos of each car, we can all be the jury about how each system stacks up.

I found this to be particularly humorous:

"I agree that most uneven gaps among fixed panels aren't noticeable or consequential, except if adjoining doors and fenders crunch into each other when the car is parked in the sun. Gaps were so crooked on my car that heat expansion caused contact at hinged openings. Imagine a glittering new CT6 parked in the sun at the country club and the reaction of BMW, RR, Bentley & Mercedes owners, when looking over Cadillac's flagship and the drivers door won't open. They were embarrassed for this owner. Repairs took a week and edges of the panels had to be repainted after total front end disassembly and re-alignment. What is going on with our favorite brand? C'mon Cadillac, you should be better than this."

There is also an interesting concern with the map data:
It's still not clear (to me anyway) exactly how OnStar ties in. I understand that I get 3 years of SuperCruise data service. Is this SC data service only, or are they extending the basic service to 3 years? What happens after 3 years? Do I need to carry general OnStar to get SC data?

I have always found OnStar to be useless. They have never had the info I needed when I called. I called to ask questions about SC service. The operator told me that SuperCruise was just the name of the car's WiFi system. They offer no big advantage for accident reporting since their coverage is no better than cell phone.

The loss of LKA (lane keep assist) is a real bummer. The lane departure warning system is nearly useless.

Source: Did anybody get CT6 with Super Cruise?

Yeah....... that’s why I originally said I’m not gonna hold my breath about ANYONE’s advertised capability in a present or upcoming car. Once there’s hundreds of YouTube videos of each car, we can all be the jury about how each system stacks up.
Love the thread.... but also since your asking for more videos, here is my latest.

• Funny
Reactions: Snerruc
I found this to be particularly humorous:

"I agree that most uneven gaps among fixed panels aren't noticeable or consequential, except if adjoining doors and fenders crunch into each other when the car is parked in the sun. Gaps were so crooked on my car that heat expansion caused contact at hinged openings. Imagine a glittering new CT6 parked in the sun at the country club and the reaction of BMW, RR, Bentley & Mercedes owners, when looking over Cadillac's flagship and the drivers door won't open. They were embarrassed for this owner. Repairs took a week and edges of the panels had to be repainted after total front end disassembly and re-alignment. What is going on with our favorite brand? C'mon Cadillac, you should be better than this."
hehe, `murican cars.....

Sorry, couldn`t resist :D

since your asking for more videos, here is my latest.

at 0:30 did it make lane-change to right lane by itself (e.g. based on SatNav), or did you use turn signal? (I see turn signal was on)

0:45 car slowed from 60 to 50, well before the exit. Was that you (e.g. adjusting Cruise) or the car (in anticipation of the Exit, or perhaps the Curve?). On AP1 I would have expected the slow-down much closer to the curve - more like "Blimey, this looks quite sharp" rather than "I know where I am" :)

1:00 car had taken the exit, but then the road split (both lanes straight on, but right lane split straight/exit) and car took the exit at the lane-split, I see no turn signal and AP remained on, not sure what caused car to make the exit-choice? Did SatNav cause that choice perhaps? (If so I think that AP should have used turn signal?)

at 0:30 did it make lane-change to right lane by itself (e.g. based on SatNav), or did you use turn signal? (I see turn signal was on)

0:45 car slowed from 60 to 50, well before the exit. Was that you (e.g. adjusting Cruise) or the car (in anticipation of the Exit, or perhaps the Curve?). On AP1 I would have expected the slow-down much closer to the curve - more like "Blimey, this looks quite sharp" rather than "I know where I am" :)

1:00 car had taken the exit, but then the road split (both lanes straight on, but right lane split straight/exit) and car took the exit at the lane-split, I see no turn signal and AP remained on, not sure what caused car to make the exit-choice? Did SatNav cause that choice perhaps? (If so I think that AP should have used turn signal?)
Lane change was initiated by me, but the turn and slow down was speed limit changing and AP following the lane. I have video of the same turn during the day and different speed and it goes straight. Both are executed well, but it’s a true fork in the road situation, which one will it choose and why?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I hate to be a skeptic about healthy competition.... but where ARE the owner youtube videos of SuperCruise? It sure seems like at least some folks have CT6's with SuperCruise, but at the same time, I've not seen anything either on their forums or on YouTube with real-world experiences. There's some YouTube videos of dealerships briefly demoing the system and of the prerelease journalist coverage of it...

It just seems really odd to me. SuperCruise is literally hands-free which should enable anyone with a camera phone to record it without much risk. Given how much Tesla owners have made videos of Autopilot pretty much on day one of announcement, it seems odd that the same isn't happening on the GM side.

I hate to be a skeptic about healthy competition.... but where ARE the owner youtube videos of SuperCruise? It sure seems like at least some folks have CT6's with SuperCruise, but at the same time, I've not seen anything either on their forums or on YouTube with real-world experiences. There's some YouTube videos of dealerships briefly demoing the system and of the prerelease journalist coverage of it...

It just seems really odd to me. SuperCruise is literally hands-free which should enable anyone with a camera phone to record it without much risk. Given how much Tesla owners have made videos of Autopilot pretty much on day one of announcement, it seems odd that the same isn't happening on the GM side.

Caddy buyers are all too old... they buy tech so on the golf course they can tell their friends 'my car has blueteeth'... all the while not knowing what the hell it does. And... knowing GM like I do (several GM cars, and friends with Caddy's)... it's as unreliable as a cell phone under water... :)... so it may be a while until you see anything interesting... maybe one of their kids will take a video. But god help us all if they hold the camera vertically!

• Funny
Reactions: WannabeOwner