Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a Model X P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been quite awhile since I heard anyone claim this. What is your basis? I believe the SC01 transfers occur across multiple owners as long as Tesla never re-owned the vehicle.
,,free sc for LIFE can be transfered once,, he dis not see that is wrong from the start? SC1 witch is on the cars delivered maximum april 2017, will be transfered for the life of the car to all the owners, unless the car is sold back to Tesla and Tesla will resell to another owner, they will strip Free SC. if the car is sold private or to independent dealers, the Free SC will remain for life. IF the car is delivered after april 2017, and has Free SC, it will be available only for the first owner( but Tesla knows when is a new owner only when you transfer the app, so try to buy the car and get the app with old user and email, pass you can change and you can continue free supercharging.

They just told me it was a common failure, but not a safety issue, so they would only charge me for the updated parts, but not labor.
Telsa service is a joke. I've been complaining about damage to my trim and the SA basically told me, sorry we don't cover that because you're out of your new car window...and we don't cover cosmetic defects because you hit something. I meant to decline the appointment but forgot so by happenstance the tech came out and looked at my car. He immediately told me it was a warranty item because their door sensors (MY, not MX) have known issues. If this were my partner she would have approved the estimate and been out nearly $400.

Telsa service is a joke. I've been complaining about damage to my trim and the SA basically told me, sorry we don't cover that because you're out of your new car window...and we don't cover cosmetic defects because you hit something. I meant to decline the appointment but forgot so by happenstance the tech came out and looked at my car. He immediately told me it was a warranty item because their door sensors (MY, not MX) have known issues. If this were my partner she would have approved the estimate and been out nearly $400.
I've actually had really positive experiences with the local SC. Very little difficulty getting things covered and very reasonable parts prices for out of warranty repairs. My point of comparison is BMW and they were a nightmare. They used to break stuff in my car at almost every service, usually trim clips and it'd be rattling like a can full of pennies. Tesla I see picking through and replacing broken clips before reinstalling stuff, saving me from having to stock my own BMW parts department.

I've actually had really positive experiences with the local SC. Very little difficulty getting things covered and very reasonable parts prices for out of warranty repairs. My point of comparison is BMW and they were a nightmare. They used to break stuff in my car at almost every service, usually trim clips and it'd be rattling like a can full of pennies. Tesla I see picking through and replacing broken clips before reinstalling stuff, saving me from having to stock my own BMW parts department.

You're lucky! I have to check my paperwork, but I want to say it took them almost a quarter to fix the broken spoiler on my X. Similar amount of time for a replacement seat. They blamed failed suspension links on me...told me that I hit something. It wasn't until I filed, and provided them with the NTHSA complaint did they change their tune. Just like they're telling me I hit something in my Y. Apparently you can damage the backside of your trim driving forwards? Really not impressed with their service, but I like the cars!