Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a 2013 Model S P85 - need assistance with vehicle specs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Looking to buy a P85 here in Calgary Alberta, however, the salesmen is not familiar with the specs of the vehicle. The vin is 5YJSA1CP2DFP06365 and here are the vehicle specs:.... can someone please tell me the packages the vehicles has. I know it has air suspension..but what else?
  • Body-colored manual-folding heated pwr side mirrors

• Backlit side-mounted turn signals

• Perimeter/approach lights
  • Rain-sensing adjustable speed wipers
  • Auto projector-beam HID headlamps -inc: LED daytime running lights
  • Aluminum roof
  • Lip spoiler
  • 3-spoke pwr-adjustable tilt/telescoping leather-wrapped steering wheel

• Instrumentation -inc: traction battery level trip computer outside temp gauge systems monitor compass

• Remote keyless entry w/remote start

• Rear window defroster

• AM/FM/MP3 200-watt stereo -inc: HD radio 17-inch touchscreen dual USB ports WiFi-enabled 500-song flash storage (7) speakers clock aux audio jack voice activation wireless streaming Bluetooth

• Front & rear LED maplights

• 8-way pwr-adjustable heated front seats -inc: 4-way driver lumbar adjustment

• Cruise control

• Black Napa leather seat trim

• Auto pwr door locks
  • Cloth/leatherette front bucket seats
  • Anti-theft system w/immobilizer

• Fully trimmed cargo area w/keyless open -inc: concealed storage cargo net
  • Air suspension -inc: driver-controlled & auto lift control
  • Rear-wheel drive

• 85 kWh battery

• 3-phase 4-pole AC induction motor w/copper rotor
  • Access to Tesla Supercharger network
  • 10kW on-board charger w/universal mobile connector -inc: 110V/240V/J1772 adapters

• Double-wishbone virtual axis coil spring front suspension

• Independent multi-link coil-spring rear suspension
  • Backup camera

You can tell if it has air suspension by accessing the touch screen and seeing if there is a suspension setting.
More importantly, you want to know if it is an A or B battery. B batteries charge faster. You can determine this by looking behind the passenger side front wheel at the label on the battery.

Here are the prices and options for a 2013 P85 purchased in late April 2013.
If your car is really a performance car, shouldn't the air suspension have been included at no charge? This car includes every available option except the rear trunk child seats...

ModelSOptions.jpg

I do not think you can trust the seller’s written spec. Agree you should check to see if there are suspension settings on screen. Also, there is no ‘premium’ nav. All cars have same nav. To check if you have premium audio, see if there’s a subwoofer rear passenger side by liftgate. If not, there will just be a storage well like on driver side. If you have a power rear liftgate (look for button on bottom or try opening with fob), then you have tech package. I forget what is in it.

Also, make sure it really is a P85. That should show when you press the T on screen. If it says 85 vs P85 it is not performance version. There have been reports of naive or deceptive used car dealers advertising non P as P.

I believe the early cars had Nav included in the Tech package, so there are cars out there with the live google maps on the touchscreen, but no actual Navigation.

The specs don't include the power liftgate, so I'm thinking it doesn't have the Tech Package.
Yes you are right about nav... such a long time ago! Problem is on this one I wouldn’t trust specs published by dealer, would recommend buyer visually check everything to know what they are (not) getting.

Here are the prices and options for a 2013 P85 purchased in late April 2013.
If your car is really a performance car, shouldn't the air suspension have been included at no charge? This car includes every available option except the rear trunk child seats...

View attachment 297387

I had a 2013 P85 with coil suspension, so it was a valid config at the time.