Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Buyers group] IEC 62196 (Mennes) to J1772 cable (4m, 63A, single-phase)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not order the cables without the J1772 side, order a supply of the 80 amp certified J1772 connectors from ITT Cannon and then you have a fully capable adapter?
I already have some of the 75A ITT J1772 connectors/cables but would prefer to source off the shelf cable sets going forward.

At some point the Charge Point hardware we donate will migrate from 32A "Commando" sockets to 32A "Mennekes" sockets and I'd like to be able to tell users where they can buy a suitable cable if the car has J1772.

Well, these Chinese stopt replying :(

be very carefully with these Chinese. Make sure that they are not using you for importing these cables. For every single cable you bring into the European market without or with a false CE label you might have to pay a penalty of 5.000 EUR.

I used this recently successfully against a small importer of batteries, after he talked to his lawyer he was very obliging to my complaint and took the batteries back. I had ordered explicitly with CE Label and I knew why:wink:

At some point the Charge Point hardware we donate will migrate from 32A "Commando" sockets to 32A "Mennekes" sockets and I'd like to be able to tell users where they can buy a suitable cable if the car has J1772.
Here's one of our 32A mennekes-to-j1772 cables on test by a Leaf owner yesterday;

http://www.leaftalk.co.uk/showthread.php/4688-Testing-Ecotricity-s-charging-points

We are making some minor changes to the cable but expect to sell it for £200 (~$320) early next year.