Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brabus riced-up Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious, but the battery pack has the same "M-007P" in red on the top as the Roadster in this story:
Electric Special: Tesla Roadster | evo News | News | evo

Same battery pack in different cars? Same car repainted? Multiple packs with that printed on top?
Does look like the same battery pack. As to whether or not it's the same car is unclear. I think that car in the evo article is VP18. Any recent sightings of VP18?

Last edited:
Curious, but the battery pack has the same "M-007P" in red on the top as the Roadster in this story:
Electric Special: Tesla Roadster | evo News | News | evo
car_photo_280416_25.jpg

Same battery pack in different cars? Same car repainted? Multiple packs with that printed on top?
Here's another shot of the Brabus VP's battery pack:

So maybe it is VP18. Here's a shot of VP12's battery pack for comparison:

"Brabus has plans for dealing with the Tesla Roadster's weight problem, and they involve 500 pounds less in the battery compartment plus an upgrade to lightweight ceramic brake rotors."

2009 Brabus Tesla First Drive on Inside Line.*

Almost the entire article is about glorifying Brabus' V8 sound system. They claim it even vibrates the car as if it had an engine.

It's interesting how Brabus (who does upgrades to Mercedes vehicles) is helping out Tesla, and Tesla is helping out Benz with their battery packs.

Almost the entire article is about glorifying Brabus' V8 sound system. They claim it even vibrates the car as if it had an engine.

So not me...

It's interesting how Brabus (who does upgrades to Mercedes vehicles) is helping out Tesla, and Tesla is helping out Benz with their battery packs.

It is true... but probably a coincidence. If there were a direct influence of one to the other I would have expected AMG to do the Roadster as they are now fully owned by Daimler. Brabus is still a separate company, I believe.