Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Borrow? Mobile charger (Chi NW burbs)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CarBuffer

Nov 30, 2018
USA
Hi. I ordered an inventory Model 3, picking it up Monday. I am leaving to drive on vacation Wednesday, but the mobile charger that I ordered will not be delivered until after I leave. Does anyone in the Chicago northwest suburbs have a mobile charger that they would be willing to let me borrow Wednesday-Sunday? Or, where can I buy one in person?

Hi. I ordered an inventory Model 3, picking it up Monday. I am leaving to drive on vacation Wednesday, but the mobile charger that I ordered will not be delivered until after I leave. Does anyone in the Chicago northwest suburbs have a mobile charger that they would be willing to let me borrow Wednesday-Sunday? Or, where can I buy one in person?
If you will be changing at superchargers on your trip, you won't need the mobile charger.

As someone who's done about 20K miles of roadtrips, I agree with ffearless, you don't need mobile connector. Maybe you need J1772 adapter. I would check with your local service center on Monday to see if they have one kit in stock. If you really feel you need one for your trip, then contact me.