Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figure on about 7' 6", 6' person standing under the door from the floor of the car at 8" off the ground, add 10" for door thickness, etc.

Peter+
Ok, I'm trying to stay calm here... I would really appreceate if someone like Bonnie could share information about the hight, simply because she is one of the few actually having a Model X including a manual... Others may of course contribute, if they have the actual measurements. The forum (and the web) is full of assumtions, predictions and friendly advices. I simply want facts! Please? [emoji56]

The thread will continue to expand as the Xcellent Adventure expands into the garage and how the Falcon Wing Doors can avoid (or won't avoid) obstacles.

I will have to brush up on my Disneyland Ride Operator skills and start announcing to my passengers, "Please remain seated and keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. Stay clear of the doors as they close." "Please place your head against the headrest, Ludicrous Launch Mode will start in three, two, one..."

Will I need to belong to the Teamsters Union to assist passengers in and out of Model X?
:smile:

LMAO:biggrin: Mark

Noticed Tesla Motors used this photo on their Facebook page. In other threads, there was discussion about photos on TMC being used elsewhere. Bonnie, did Tesla get permission to use this photo? (I would imagine so, just curious). Amazing set of pictures for an amazing set of cars!

Yes, Tesla contacted me and asked permission before posting to their Facebook and twitter pages. :)

Huge thanks to lodenthal and her husband for bringing the white S over to complete the trifecta.

Here's one more ...

evol nosecone 2.jpg

Yes, Tesla contacted me and asked permission before posting to their Facebook and twitter pages. :)

Huge thanks to lodenthal and her husband for bringing the white S over to complete the trifecta.

Here's one more ...

View attachment 105582

You really really need to sell a collection of screen saver pictures with the three white Teslas... I'll buy it...

BTW: which color will the Founders Model X be? White as well? Do you have an estimated delivery date? (yeah, right...)

Great foreshortening makes that Roadster look at least somewhat close in size to the X!

It's a wonderful shot. For symmetry's sake, wish you could have removed the single license plate just for the photo.

YIKES! Youhaven'tdonethatyet??????

Why, if I may ask?

No worries, we (FoundersByReferral folks) have up to six months to configure/confirm. Why wait? One thing at a time. I knew I had Sig2 coming & thought it would be good to experience in person, in case I wanted to make any changes. And it would be nice to see a few more X & evaluate paint options before finalizing. Though I'm pretty sure it will be white.

- - - Updated - - -

For symmetry's sake, wish you could have removed the single license plate just for the photo.
I'm sure you can photoshop the plate out. :)

Probably white. I was leaning towards a different color, but I really like how this one looks. No delivery date yet. First I need to configure and confirm the order!

You could do both, different + white, and get pearl. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It is interesting to see how the design language for the nose of the car has progressed from the Roadster to the Model X. I think I am finally used to the new front -- looks great:smile:

True, but Tesla didn't really get much say in the Roadster's exterior design beyond picking from the various skeletons to buy from other companies. Or did they? I have seen Roadster's, but haven't compared differences in it to the Elise beyong the nameplates being different.

True, but Tesla didn't really get much say in the Roadster's exterior design beyond picking from the various skeletons to buy from other companies. Or did they? I have seen Roadster's, but haven't compared differences in it to the Elise beyong the nameplates being different.

It would seem most of the bodywork is their own doing. Per this early blog post, every body panel is their own work--kinda long but interesting read: Mythbusters Part 2: The Tesla Roadster is not a Converted Lotus Elise | Tesla Motors

DSC00912bgLT.jpg

It would seem most of the bodywork is their own doing. Per this early blog post, every body panel is their own work--kinda long but interesting read: Mythbusters Part 2: The Tesla Roadster is not a Converted Lotus Elise | Tesla Motors

Every car on the market uses a belt driven compressor for the air conditioning. Every gas car also uses a belt driven alternator to generate 12V DC to run all of the other accessories.

Good read until I got to the part about belt driven AC and belt drive alternator. As if he'd never heard of a Toyota Prius in 2008. Both components were direct drive electric motor driven well before the Tesla roadster. Unless he considered the second gen Prius from 2005 an EV (and thus by extension the prior generations of Prius).

Apparently he left Tesla not long after that. No longer in the automotive industry.

Bonnie - On the model X owners Facebook page somebody who received their X said that you cannot close the front door and falcon wing door at the same time or else they will intersect and cause damage.

this is what their DS told them? Have you heard the same?

Seems to me like a software update to prevent that from happening should be easy to do.