Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bodywork/Paint - Hampshire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I’m in my third month of owning my M3LR which I bought second-hand with 35k miles on the clock. Enjoying the car!

I’ve had a few issues that I’d like to resolve and would love your advice. First is that I managed to scrape the lowest part of the front right bumper on a stack of bricks. Looks grim, but the actual damage isn’t huge. Feels like a job for a body shop but don’t know who might be the best port of call in the Basingstoke area?

IMG_7779.jpeg

I’ve also noticed an issue with paint being worn/chipped off from the lowest part of the side sill/skirts. I’d heard about this issue but was rather shocked when I noticed it on my car. Some pretty large sections have flaked off. It’s worse on one side than the other with a patch about 10cm across missing all of its paint. This feels like an issue Tesla ought to sort free of charge as there’s been no damage to the area outside of ‘usual’ driving wear. Advice appreciated!

I’ve heard things about paint protection film and wonder if this is something I should consider once this is fixed? Any recommendations on who can best apply this? What’s the cost?

Finally, picked up a minor scuff on the rear left alloy. It’s not something I particularly need fixing here and now but was wondering if any people in the Surrey/Hampshire border area could recommend an alloy grinding place that would do a good job on a Tesla and give me a price indication.

Thanks in advance guys.

I had paint flaking off my sills when my M3 was a similar age. Tesla Winchester had it repainted under warranty - I think (not 100% sure) that a nearby Honda workshop did the work. They did a great job and the paint has been perfect over the last two years. I had another paint job on my Range Rover done by Beenham Body Shop near Reading - first class job. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Morph