Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BMS error today MX 2016 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What company was Jason affiliated with and what company bought out his business? I assume this is related to a 3rd party extended warranty?
Jason started, and owned, 057 Technologies. And yes, they sold a battery service plan. Someone said that he told them that he sold the business a long time ago, but we don't know who to. (I have a guess, but really don't know.)

People are reporting that 057 Tech has gone dark. (At a minimum they moved out of the original location.) But, Jason has replied that their ticket queue had been dealt with up to current not that long ago. I think one person has said that they haven't been able to get help, but the error code they were reporting was for the battery coolant heater, not the battery, so I think that one is a red hearing. I haven't seen anyone else with one of their battery service plans report having a failed battery and not getting service.

But in any case the new owner(s) of 057 Tech really need to get their act together. (Update their web site to show the current location and start communicating.)

FYI, i occasionally get bms_w035 errors after pre-heating the same car
I looked into it and found that yes its a battery heater but only triggers the error after it shuts off..
I watched isolation n it was good n stable until i turned it off (i was using navigate to SC to trigger) then it dropped about half way then slowly recovered
Strange issue for sure.

I wonder if u recall if it was the same for u

I looked into it and found that yes its a battery heater but only triggers the error after it shuts off..
I watched isolation n it was good n stable until i turned it off (i was using navigate to SC to trigger) then it dropped about half way then slowly recovered
Strange issue for sure.

How did you watch isolation?

I have access to Diagnostic mode, perks of rooted MCU1

1701275060778.png

I have access to Diagnostic mode, perks of rooted MCU1

View attachment 994655
Can you plz refer me to instructions on how to root MCU1? I have the same MCU1 with Ap1 lol

For me the BMS error came for 3-4 seconds only and then went away. I booked a service appointment with Tesla and they remotely diagnosed and told me to replace the coolant heater or car can stop anytime if the heater fails. Since i am in toronto area and temp are already -10 here and expected to go -30 to -40C to i decided to pay them 1333 and got it done.

Now my driver side headlight is gone and Tesla quoted me 3700$ for it. Any idea what to do? Main headlight is gone. Daylight and high beam still works.

Can you plz refer me to instructions on how to root MCU1? I have the same MCU1 with Ap1 lol

For me the BMS error came for 3-4 seconds only and then went away. I booked a service appointment with Tesla and they remotely diagnosed and told me to replace the coolant heater or car can stop anytime if the heater fails. Since i am in toronto area and temp are already -10 here and expected to go -30 to -40C to i decided to pay them 1333 and got it done.

Now my driver side headlight is gone and Tesla quoted me 3700$ for it. Any idea what to do? Main headlight is gone. Daylight and high beam still works.
eBay for headlights is one option. Lots of them have broken tabs though . No idea how big of an issue that might be.

There are places that I know will repair the daylight. It sure about the main.

Reactions: Zeeshan Javaid
Found it finally. I was chatting with sw-lights.com about repairing my dimming daytime running lights. Several people here said nice things about them, but I have no experience. They were helpful and responded quickly to questions.

I decided to keep my dim lights. At least they match for now and considering moving to a new S.

Reactions: Zeeshan Javaid
Strange issue for sure.

I recently had that issue once (last week Friday) on my 2017 S90D. Occurred during preheat. Car operated fine afterwards and tried to recreate the issue but no luck. Going to let it go for now.

How long have you been getting that issue and how many times have you received the warning?

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston

I don't know how to root n nobody will share any info but DM LayZ here on TMC n he'll get it done for u.
He does all the hacks for me.

I'd pick up a used headlight on ebay or FB market. U can re-deploy the software from Service menu to program new headlight.

I recently had that issue once (last week Friday) on my 2017 S90D. Occurred during preheat. Car operated fine afterwards and tried to recreate the issue but no luck. Going to let it go for now.

How long have you been getting that issue and how many times have you received the warning?
i pretty much get it every other time or so when i remotely pre-heat
it errors out when i get in the car (cause thats when heater turns off)
strangely, when i was driving n watching iso drop it never errored out...
i'm gonna let it ride for now too, i barely use battery heater cause temps are pretty mild in my area...

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Had the same error. Brought a car to Tesla SC. They carried out 4 loop stress test HV battery heating cooling system. The BMS error pop-up within the second loop. Replaced AC compressor. The error resolved.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H