Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blue Origin - Booster Reuse - New Shepard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That article to me reads like a hit piece. Quotes are given with zero context, and when context is given, the replies can be taken in more than one way.

But it's definitely a PR mess. As written, it sounds pretty bad.

She does say that the information came from four BO workers that were going to be sent. They wanted to be anonymous so they didn't get fired.

New Shepard isn't New Glenn, which has the potential to launch future DOD satellites. So I'd agree that Jeff's one or two yearly launches to the edge of nowhere can hardly be considered essential business. At least not right now, pushing reluctant employees into flying from Seattle to Texas, along with all the other exposure risks mentioned in the article.

Reactions: Grendal
She does say that the information came from four BO workers that were going to be sent. They wanted to be anonymous so they didn't get fired.

I believe the sources are real, but as is often the case there's probably also some missing context. The BO leadership quotes are pretty damning though...

To follow on a point in the article, regardless if you approve or disapprove of Blue's quantity and frequency of launches to-date, what company goal is really going to benefit from launching now vs, say, September? Their last launch was over 3 months ago and their launch cadence is basically 3/year. With those figures does Blue leadership really think they're in a race?

If this were some critical NG milestone/gate then maybe I could see pushing for it, but...

I believe the sources are real, but as is often the case there's probably also some missing context. The BO leadership quotes are pretty damning though...

To follow on a point in the article, regardless if you approve or disapprove of Blue's quantity and frequency of launches to-date, what company goal is really going to benefit from launching now vs, say, September? Their last launch was over 3 months ago and their launch cadence is basically 3/year. With those figures does Blue leadership really think they're in a race?

If this were some critical NG milestone/gate then maybe I could see pushing for it, but...

Hubris, do not discount it.

Hubris, do not discount it.

That’s just it—Nobody would accuse Blue’s progress to date as being motivated by anything close to hubris. Cynical assessments aside, one would expect to hear terms such as methodical, meticulous, careful or conservative...

As weird as Bezoz is he’s clearly smart enough to know he’s not the right ‘smart enough’ to not run a rocket company (and that’s before considering where his attention is this days) so this obviously isn’t him, and to my knowledge we’ve never seen signs of aggressive leadership like this from other heads of state at Blue.