Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Transporter 9 - SLC-4E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Grendal

SpaceX Moderator
Jan 31, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Launch Date: November 11
Launch Window: 10:47AM PST (1:47PM EST, 18:47 UTC)
Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg Space Force Base, California
Core Booster Recovery: RTLS - LZ-4
Booster: B1071.12
Fairings: Reused
Mass: Approx 5 metric tonnes
Orbit: SSO - Polar LEO
Yearly Launch Number: 82

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the Transporter 9 mission, a rideshare flight to a sun-synchronous orbit with numerous small microsatellites and nanosatellites for commercial and government customers. The Falcon 9’s first stage booster will return to Landing Zone 4 at Vandenberg.

This launch will likely use the new MVac nozzle extension design aimed at increasing cadence and reducing costs. This new nozzle extension is shorter and, as a result, the engine has a lower specific impulse and therefore performance. Due to this, it will only fly on missions that don't need Falcon 9's full performance capability.

Payloads:
D-Orbit ION SCV013
Apogeo (9x 1/3U, Apogeo)
Sateliot (x4)
(hosted) StardustMe "Stars of Calm"
?(hosted) DCubed manufacturing demo

ExoLaunch (28 CubeSats + ? microsats)
Connecta T3.1 & T3.2 (2x 3U, Plan-S)
Barry-1 (3U, Endurosat, with Rogue Space Systems payload)
Djibouti-1A (1U, CERD/CSUM, Djibouti)
(Foxconn) (6U?, Foxconn)
GHGSat (3x 16U, built by Spire)
ICEYE (?x 90kg)
Mango Two (2x 3U, Spire)
Mantis (12U, Satlantis/Open Cosmos/Space UK/ESA)
NinjaSat (6U, Riken/Mitsui Bussan Aerospace, Japan, built by Nanoavionics)
Observer-1A (16U, Nara Space, Korea)
Outpost Mission 2 (3U, Outpost)
PLATERO (6U, Open Cosmos)
ProtoMéthée-1 (16U, PROMÉTHÉE Earth Intelligence, France, built by Nanoavionics)
(SNC) (4x 6U, Spire) rf intelligence
UnseenLabs (2x ?U)
Veronika (1U, Spacemanic/Boris Procik, Slovakia)

Impulse Space Mira S/N 2 - LEO Express-1 mission Tom Meuller's new company!
Time We'll Tell (?U, TrustPoint)

ExoTrail spacevan

Pellican-1 (?kg, Planet)

SuperDove Flock 4q (36x 3U, Planet)

AMAN-1 (3U, SatRev/Oman) (via Momentus)
Hello Test 1 & 2 (?P, Hello Space, Turkey) (via Momentus)
JinjuSat-1 (2U, CONTEC, South Korea) (via Momentus)
Picacho (1U, Lunasonde, USA) (via Momentus)

Alba Orbital
ROM-3 (2P, RomSpace, Romania)
Space ANT-D (1P, SpaceIn, Malaysia)

EPICHyper-3 (6U, AAC Clyde Space for Wyvern)
GENMAT-1 (6U)
Intuition 1 (6U, KP Labs, Poland)
MuSat-2 (67kg, Muon Space)
OMNI-LER1 (6U)
OSW Cazorla (3U, Odyssey Spaceworks, using Endurosat bus)
RapidEO (?, L3Harris for US government)
ScopeSat (8x 6U, SatRev, Poland)
SpIRIT (6U, U. of Melbourne, Australia)
Stork-x/x (2x 3U, SatRev, Poland)
Umbra 7/8 (2x 83kg, Umbra)
Xcraft (microsat, Xplore)
Ymir-1 (3U, Saab/AAC Clyde Space)
? (42U microsat built by Nanoavionics)

Possible Payloads:
Falconsat-X
GNOMES-4 (PlanetiQ, 41.7kg)
Hawkeye 360
Pony Express (2x 12U, aka Tyvak-0261/-0262)

1699043859509.png

Last edited:
Reactions: petit_bateau
Is there a status change with this? Did it launch?

I could find no video and on a perfect San Diego day saw nothing.

I wonder if the launch time changed?

SpaceX isn't putting out launch information in the way it used to. I use a number of different sources to get the launch information and they seem to be changing constantly. So take any launch thread data with a little skepticism.

• Informative
Reactions: scaesare
Thanks for both the responses - not a big deal for me obviously, I always thought there was some definitive source for these things but it seems there is not
It used to be that the launches were infrequent enough that it was easy to predict what would happen on any particular launch. Now there is a launch every few days. I usually find out the booster only one day before the launch. Weather still has effects and one launch being delayed can easily allow another launch to take that launches position. It's a lot more fun and challenging than it used to be and I'm definitely getting things wrong more often. Keeping track of this stuff is still a whole lot easier than the Tesla investment and car threads where people take things very personally. A lot more FUD spread around there too. SpaceX is private and everyone here is pro-space. We get disagreements, not name calling arguments.

Keeping track of this stuff is still a whole lot easier than the Tesla investment and car threads where people take things very personally.
If we owned Falcon 9 boosters and were waiting for our very own Starship, the crazies would be in here too. The boosters we own would be falling short by a full ton of payload because the engines aren't producing the claimed thrust and the booster structure is overweight, and the soot buildup is intolerable (nobody said anything about soot; cleaning a Falcon 9 booster costs a fortune!), it takes forever to get launch times, and the price of liquid methane has NOT dropped like we were promised.

I don't plan on buying a Starship. I'll wait for a New Glenn. Or maybe one of those Chinese imports.

If we owned Falcon 9 boosters and were waiting for our very own Starship, the crazies would be in here too. The boosters we own would be falling short by a full ton of payload because the engines aren't producing the claimed thrust and the booster structure is overweight, and the soot buildup is intolerable (nobody said anything about soot; cleaning a Falcon 9 booster costs a fortune!), it takes forever to get launch times, and the price of liquid methane has NOT dropped like we were promised.

I don't plan on buying a Starship. I'll wait for a New Glenn. Or maybe one of those Chinese imports.
.. and don't forget the panel gaps between the stages.. ULA has mastered the assembly, while SpaceX makes shoddy stage alignments.