Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bjørn's Tesla Model S videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched the leather seat video with great interest as I have the same color seats and haven't done a thing to 'em since I bought the car 25K miles ago.

However, something just doesn't seem right the way you went about scrubbing those poor seats, especially the sides, with that brush. Also, do your seats have a different kind of leather, almost like a velour or something, more cloth-like, on the sides? Is that what you got with P85? I just have a plain 85, and the seats are all leather, not the different fabric on the sides. Needless to say, it sure didn't look like using that brush was doing the sides of your chair any good, might have even made things worse perhaps?

I do need to clean and maintain the leather in my car. Gonna do a bit more research before I do anything though...

I've been following the youtube the past few weeks, pretty good and helpful. A question on this for you and I could not find any video mentioning this.

1) While in Camper mode, like the one you have here, are you constantly plugged in to some external power?

2) While in Camper mode, if you don't have a constant plugging area available, how long does the battery last if you run the A/C?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the leather seat video with great interest as I have the same color seats and haven't done a thing to 'em since I bought the car 25K miles ago.

However, something just doesn't seem right the way you went about scrubbing those poor seats, especially the sides, with that brush. Also, do your seats have a different kind of leather, almost like a velour or something, more cloth-like, on the sides? Is that what you got with P85? I just have a plain 85, and the seats are all leather, not the different fabric on the sides. Needless to say, it sure didn't look like using that brush was doing the sides of your chair any good, might have even made things worse perhaps?

I do need to clean and maintain the leather in my car. Gonna do a bit more research before I do anything though...
I also though it was a bit rough, but I saw another video on Youtube where a dude used a brush to clean his Volvo seats.

I thought you guys might continue the race on the return trip with each one taking the other route.
That would have been great. But I was heading south.

I've been following the youtube the past few weeks, pretty good and helpful. A question on this for you and I could not find any video mentioning this.

1) While in Camper mode, like the one you have here, are you constantly plugged in to some external power?

2) While in Camper mode, if you don't have a constant plugging area available, how long does the battery last if you run the A/C?
1) The Camper Mode requires the car to be in drive-mode. And that's not possible if the car is plugged in.
2) Assuming you mean in a hot climate, the AC will consume about 800 W. That's about 94 hours of continous cooling.

1) The Camper Mode requires the car to be in drive-mode. And that's not possible if the car is plugged in.
2) Assuming you mean in a hot climate, the AC will consume about 800 W. That's about 94 hours of continous cooling.

That's pretty cool! So if were to go camping or park in some parking lot waiting for someone, I can run the AC for many hours w/o afraid of running out of juice!

As for camper mode, what would be the benefit of putting it in Camper Mode? The ability to still use car functions, similar to the "AUX" mode in ICE? Like some GM cars where you turn the key in opposite direction one notch or turn it up one notch?

Oh, and Bjorn, the race video was great. The finish was exactly as I expected. :) Nicely done video as always, great editing esp. with the scenes showing the cell phone calls and the trickery of remotely operating the other car's controls.

Which reminds me... a question which may have already been asked once, so forgive me... exactly what software tools do you use to create/edit your videos? Do you use a Mac or PC? I need to do a video soon (non-Tesla related) and am trying to decide which route to go. Not a fan of FinalCutPro/Express so I hope that's not what you use!

Which reminds me... a question which may have already been asked once, so forgive me... exactly what software tools do you use to create/edit your videos? Do you use a Mac or PC? I need to do a video soon (non-Tesla related) and am trying to decide which route to go. Not a fan of FinalCutPro/Express so I hope that's not what you use!
Thank you for the feedback :) I use Adobe Premiere and PC.