Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bike transportation options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an inventory X and unfortunately, did not have the tow package. Is there any solutions out there without adding a hitch? Is really my only option to pay $1250 for Tesla to add a hitch so I can transport my bike to trails? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

@ohmman might be your best source of info adding a hitch this but I'll sum up what I know and he or someone else can correct me if I've got something wrong.

You wouldn't need to pay Tesla that full price to add the hitch if all you are doing is transporting a bike. For that price Tesla will install the hitch and also activate towing ability within your MX software. I thought it was $1500 after you took delivery though. Not positive on that. If you are just carrying a bike, the software to tow would not need to be activated so all you really would need is the hitch installed. You could try talking to the Service Center and see if they would install the Tesla hitch for you without activating the towing software. I think some have done that for $750. Or you could get a aftermarket one for much cheaper than Tesla's and install it yourself, but it wouldn't be removable/hidden when not in use like Tesla's.