Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best way to Overnight Charge when Visiting Family/Friends?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be visiting family in December and the closest Supercharger will be nearly a hundred miles away. Since I'll only be there a couple of days and plan on driving around while I'm there, I'm not going to rely on regular 5-15 120 volt outlets. Fortunately, my brother has a 6-50 outlet in his garage. I bought a pigtail cable for it as well as an extension cord that can be used with 6-50, 14-50 and 14-30 outlets in case I'm not able to park inside. That should allow me to get about 29 miles per hour. I also have adapters for 10-30, 14-30 but I doubt I'll be able to use those anywhere since none of my relatives have a dryer outlet close to the garage. I also have a 5-20 adapter which would allow me to charge slightly faster than a standard 5-15 outlet but I don't think I'll be needing it this trip.

BTW, if anyone has one of the Tesla 6-50 adapters that they no longer need, feel free to IM me as I'd be interested in using it instead of the pigtail cable.