Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best tire dressing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After trying many tire dressings over the years, my favorite the last few years has become Tuf Shine. It's a zero-sling dressing for tires that lasts for weeks/months, not days or just between washes. It does not come off if you're rather anal like me and dry your rims and tires after washing. I've never liked a super glossy look to my tires, but just a hint more than matte works for me -- sort of like "eggshell" if you're familiar with interior paint finishes. You begin with a brush and the "one time" Tire Cleaner that removes any old dressings and crud from the tires, let them fully dry, then you apply the Tire Clearcoat with a firm applicator sponge. Let the first layer of clearcoat dry to a fairly matte appearance, then apply additional layers of the clearcoat to get an increasingly eggshell/semi-gloss appearance with each one you apply. My new MS tires received 2 coats during it's first detailing regime the day after I took delivery, and every few weeks or months, I'll do a quick single touch-up coat to freshen up the look.

This photo was taken a few minutes after I applied the 2nd layer of clearcoat -- it's a bit more matte after it dried than this may at first appear.
View attachment 100270

This looks very nice particularly with your paint color.

This looks very nice particularly with your paint color.

Thx. It worked well for me with my former Nebula Grey (medium-darkgrey metallic) Lexus as well. Loved some of the other products I've used over the past many years -- and I've used a bunch of them, but the sling from some got to me, as did they way the silicon in some products would rub off making a mess of my microfiber with my quick attempt at drying the tires after a wash, as well as the need to pretty much reapply the product every 2-3 washes. Detailing is such a personal thing, so I appreciate how different things "flick different people's BIC" (that analogy certainly dates me -- ah ha!). Fortunately, I no longer deal with any of those problems with this Tuf Shine product, and I can change the glossiness based on how many coats I apply. :smile: I'm sold (at least until something better comes along!)