Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Best settings for P85D launch / drag racing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drag Racing Rules. This hit my desk tonight. I am posting a snapshot. Pretty funny.

Tesla Drag Racing Rules.jpg

Had good results at Bandimere 1/4 mile speedway tonight, 6-8 Teslas showed up. I didn't follow all the rules listed above however; I left the child seat in the car and I pointed the camera forward. No one I raced against was faster so you never see any other cars in the video.

Best trap time for my P85D was 11.599 at 115.34 mph. SOC was 90%, and my second run was faster than the first. The density altitude for this track in Colorado was 8500 ft. I'm surprised my times weren't better given the thin atmosphere. I did four runs ranging from 11.599-11.671 seconds and 115.34-114.70 mph

I was in the right lane.

Tesla P85D Time Slip Rotated.jpg

Power levels were a bit high.

20150923_174553.jpg

higher tire pressure, less rolling resistance...

folding in mirrors is good...

take everything out of the car

turn of AC and other items not needed

shallow stage

NO, NO, NO, as another posted above, LOWER tire pressure about 10 pounds or to around 40 psi (I carry 50 normally). You want traction for grip, not "less rolling resistance" which would be optimal for range/economy.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran my P85D at Bandimere in May when visiting friends there in Denver. Your times are a bit better than mine (i run the all season 19" tire/wheel combo), but I found the first 300' of the Bandimere track SLOW in terms of getting traction. My early segment times were FASTER in Sacramento, though my 1000' and quarter mile times/speeds were better at Bandimere, but Bandimere I had the 3.1 sec software update and earlier Sacramento had 3.2 sec software.

In June I ran again at Sacramento and beat my Bandimere time and speed numbers getting MUCH better hook up off the line at Sacramento.....