Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beginnings of a trade war between Canada and the USA. Affects on Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, keep deflecting, keep trying to change the narrative... We're talking about how Trump's idiotic trade war is going to harm the US. Increased materials costs equals increased cost of goods and services. Also, retaliatory tariffs from other countries will affect our exports which more directly effects the producers of said exports... This isn't complicated... Well maybe for you it is...

My hatred for the current POTUS is at least based in fact...

Jeff

You hate our President based on aluminum futures investments? Sure.

Let's see.

GraphEngine.png

Curious. Normally facts I use to back up my points agree with me.

Reactions: RedMS and adaptabl
You hate our President based on aluminum futures investments? Sure.

Let's see.

View attachment 306474

Curious. Normally facts I use to back up my points agree with me.

Nice graph that doesn't remotely reflect the consequences in the long term... Again, nice picture that doesn't tell the story but hey if that's what makes you feel better than so be it... That's like someone showing a graph of gasoline prices right before a gas tax increase to make the argument that the increase in gas taxes won't make it more expensive...

It amazes me how so many people can fall for such an obvious con... He's not even trying hard to con you, you just refuse to open your eyes and look...

Jeff

Us Torontonians LOVE Trump. He makes some of the Rob Ford shenanigans look downright normal. I lived in the USA for 14 years so it’s nice to have the upper hand on all of my American friends again.

Keep in mind my wife is American and I have two American born kids who have never been prouder Canadians. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01 and EinSV
Propaganda Free:

China makes most the world's aluminum. They make 10 times as much as Canada. Aluminum is a global commodity.
US aluminum production started falling in 1980 then sharply since 2000 due to our own mismanagement of our industrial assets. We will lose the ability to create aluminum in 5-10 years unless something changes quick.

Aluminum requires cheap power. The US decided cheap power sucks without realizing it was critical for defense materials. Our bad.
China uses coal to make aluminum for the US.

Steel? Canada doesn't make much steel, about 1/6th what the US does. China again makes most the world's steel. They make 10 times as much as the US, who used the be the world leader. While we are not at risk of losing what little production we have left, we are giving China a massive advantage in manufacturing since steel is the cheapest metal to build with.

The US defense industries import their steel and aluminum from potentially hostile China. China is building it's military up, and acting in an imperialist fashion as of today. This was not true in 2000 when we imported mostly from allies.

That's the situation. Canada is caught in the crossfire of the US's lousy policies from decades ago that we are finally paying for.

Is the US President an idiot? No. His job is to make sure the US is still around in 20 years. To ignore our poorly managed foreign trade agreements like past administrations have is suicidal.

So... applying tariffs to allies is the right approach to dealing with an aggressive adversary? All of the counties in question are dealing with the exact same China issue. It seems that we've got a clear case for a group action. It also seems like the US action will have zero effect on China. It's like shooting your dog because you're upset with your neighbor.

Crossfire implies that the bullets are targeted at the opponent, but hitting allies. Here, he's unable to shoot the opponent, and he's pissed, so he just shoots the allies and somehow feels better.

I've yet to see compelling evidence that he's not a total idiot. I had given they guy benefit of the doubt... I hoped that when he became Prez, that he'd become more thoughtful and strategic in his actions. Nope... that that didn't happen. The guy appears to be a cement head that thinks he's still in a reality show.

He is a very wise man. Lets see if the next president in 6 1/2 years is as good.

That's optimistic... thinking that in 6-1/2 years there will be another president. All outward indications are that Donny is setting up to govern for life. He does not seem much troubled by limits on Presidential power. And he seems to be fairly successful at surrounding himself with sycophants that will indulge his fantasies.

That's optimistic... thinking that in 6-1/2 years there will be another president. All outward indications are that Donny is setting up to govern for life. He does not seem much troubled by limits on Presidential power. And he seems for be fairly successful at surrounding himself with sycophants that will indulge his fantasies.

That would be great for the US.

I think if your post includes name calling a president to make yourself feel better, it should be automatically taken with a grain of salt. A (still) hurting individual is behind it. And yes, it’s a two way street.

I think if your post includes name calling a president to make yourself feel better, it should be automatically taken with a grain of salt. A (still) hurting individual is behind it. And yes, it’s a two way street.

I think refusing to call a spade a spade is an act of cowardliness. This current POTUS is a 4 yr old trapped in a fat old white guys body and the long term damage he's actively doing to the US will take far longer to undue than people realize.

It's funny how the right called President Obama all kinds of horribly vile names and made egregiously false statements about him and his family but now that the shoe's on the other foot, they seem to have developed an allergy... At least the criticisms of President Skroob are rooted in fact... So there's that...

Jeff

Reactions: sandpiper
Are most politicians narcissistic..yes. Is trump orders of magnitude beyond that yes.
Has his past shown him to be a serial LIAR? He keeps reinforcing that truth.
Can he read beyond a 10th grade comprehension....the jury is out on that one.
Does he pander to the most base and crass "news" sources...I give you his praise of "infowars" as exhibit A

The man deserves no praise at all.

Reactions: jeffro01

Huh? That anybody could conceivably lecture anybody about not calling Trump nasty names is hypocrisy beyond comprehension. The man is walking firehose of filth. He's single-handedly dropped an already dismally low level of public discourse into a sewage pit.

I think refusing to call a spade a spade is an act of cowardliness. This current POTUS is a 4 yr old trapped in a fat old white guys body and the long term damage he's actively doing to the US will take far longer to undue than people realize.

It's funny how the right called President Obama all kinds of horribly vile names and made egregiously false statements about him and his family but now that the shoe's on the other foot, they seem to have developed an allergy... At least the criticisms of President Skroob are rooted in fact... So there's that...

Jeff
Like I said it’s a two way street. But the guy is a multi billionaire, so hardly a 4yr old (save me from the “loan amount and weathly family” argument). You on the other side are arguing with a stranger online. But as I also said, calling the president names makes you seem bigger than you really are. Peace.

Huh? That anybody could conceivably lecture anybody about not calling Trump nasty names is hypocrisy beyond comprehension. The man is walking firehose of filth. He's single-handedly dropped an already dismally low level of public discourse into a sewage pit.

Oh boy. Lots of angry individuals here. Going to show myself out. Peace to you as well.

Like I said it’s a two way street. But the guy is a multi billionaire, so hardly a 4yr old (save me from the “loan amount and weathly family” argument). You on the other side are arguing with a stranger online. But as I also said, calling the president names makes you seem bigger than you really are. Peace.
Is he really? I think he might be after he leaves office.

Is he really? I think he might be after he leaves office.
It only took just over 800 Hellfire missiles from our last Prez to win the Nobel Peace Prize. I think he started a war in Libya to boot, which is odd since we had signed non-aggression pact with Libya and they were behaving themselves. Now it's #1 export is bomb makers.

DOH!! You were not referring to the 'peace' comment. You were implying that the current Prez is getting rich. I guess you don't read the papers much?
Quite the opposite. He's losing money according to every financial publication that has reporters.

• Disagree
Reactions: RedMS and jeffro01
Yup. Here is a shocker: Trumps worth actually went down after taking office. Don’t see that in the news, eh? However I do know of at least 2 presidents who walked out much wealthier after their 8 years... Hint: one made 35+ mil and the other 100+.

And this is what puzzles me. Where do these folk get their information from, like Trump is making money from being President? Somebody is brainwashing them bigtime.

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01