Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Beginning to Think that the M3 SR+ is the Best Choice - Here's Why

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the tax return is nice. Between state and federal if I can buy it before the end of June I'll get $5500 back. I think my only upgrade will be to get the gray paint. I like the idea of FSD but it just costs too much for me unfortunately. Also need to add in the cost of a wall charger and installation, I was planning to keep the other cable in the car all the time in case of an emergency or to snag a few extra miles from friends or family when i'm visiting.

Tesla just hit me for a micro-transaction on the 3SR.

I wonder how much the 3.5 sec 0-60 unlock will cost.

-

upload_2019-4-20_0-4-10.png

Wait what?

Tesla increasing the cost of the 3SR to me by 300 since I want homelink. :)

re: tax can you change car address with Tesla?

It’s a long discussion but yes you can get a different tax rate depending on what jurisdiction your billing code is.

And yes Tesla is not supposed to charge tax on vehicle battery unlocks and ap and fsd in many states.

Good luck fighting Tesla on that l. :( The upgrades are canned software that isn’t delivered in physical mediums.

Last edited:

It’s a long discussion but yes you can get a different tax rate depending on what jurisdiction your billing code is.

And yes Tesla is not supposed to charge tax on vehicle battery unlocks and ap and fsd in many states.

Good luck fighting Tesla on that l. :( The upgrades are canned software that isn’t delivered in physical mediums.

I didn’t realize they were doing micro transactions for things like homelink.

Is billing zip code based on card or registration?

One factor that went into my decision making as driver of a 7 year old electric Leaf was battery degradation. I do plan to drive my Model 3 for a long, long time, and I want my car to still have great range after 8 years. If I lose 20% range, I would still have 270miles per charge, which I'm okay with.

Battery degradation is also lower if you don't charge above 80% (70% for better result) and the change in capacity between charge is keep to a minimum. (ie, if you only drain to 65% and charge up to 75% everyday, you'll lose less than 10% after 8000charge/20years) So technically a larger battery should last longer. [source: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University]

Of course, 8 years later battery packs should be so much cheaper that it should be a lot less than the price difference between the 2 models, so my decision factors might be completely pointless. :D

Last edited: