Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Bees are on the what now?"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm told that organic beekeepers who are surrounded by nothing but organic farms for many miles find that their bees are still doing OK. Sadly, very very few are in this position.
What about the inorganic beekeepers?
Robot_bee.jpg

image_large.jpg

Attachments

• Bee_Robot_blue.jpg
    Bee_Robot_blue.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 75
No colony collapse disorder here. My bees are doing well - just harvested the first honey (I let them winter with what they make in the summer, then take it late spring, early summer. I don't have to feed them then.) Definitely a morning of conquering fears. :)

Here's a pic of a hive with all but the bottom super removed (non-toxic fume board encouraged them to vacate):
fume hive.JPG

And another of the beautiful honeycomb I removed (have about 30 lbs of honey):
honey comb.JPG

I live in a semi-rural area (meaning, next to the city, but everyone in the neighborhood lives on 2 to 5 acres with a cow or two scattered about). The hives are far enough off the road that, while the hives can be seen, bee traffic isn't a big deal. So no concerns from neighbors. So far.

Honeybee decline linked to killer virus | Environment | guardian.co.uk

"This work provides clear evidence that, of all the suggested mechanisms of honeybee loss, virus infection brought in by mite infestation is a major player in the decline," said Ian Jones, at the University of Reading, who was not involved in the work. But Martin noted that the weakening of colonies through lack of food or the presence of damaging pesticides would make them more vulnerable to infestation.