Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery coolant pumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be both. For flow purposes, depends how large the pumps are and how the coolant is routed. If it's a long run with a lot of resistance (hard turns), you should have a larger pump or more than one. Redundancy is a much more important reason IMO, because when the single pump goes out, you are stranded.

Could be both. For flow purposes, depends how large the pumps are and how the coolant is routed. If it's a long run with a lot of resistance (hard turns), you should have a larger pump or more than one. Redundancy is a much more important reason IMO, because when the single pump goes out, you are stranded.

I like the idea of redundancy, I think one of my pumps is making a funny noise...like a bearing is going out.

It could be because of two different flow circuits that only need to be pumped at different times / conditions. Save on cross-over plumbing and valve work and/or have smaller pump motors... more efficient power consumption. These are just more suggestions.