Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bang noise from brakes when Automatic Emergency Braking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone please confirm (or deny) whether a bang-like noise from the brakes would be heard when the Automatic Emergency Braking system engages at very low speeds (Model 3)? For example, when the car rolls slightly at traffic lights and a pedestrian rushes towards it, or when it is reversing and an obstacle is detected? I would appreciate opinions based on evidence as much as possible, please. I have heard that noise (without hitting anyone/anything) but have been unable to find confirmation elsewhere, and I would like to have an authoritative responce, if possible, please.

AEB is no different than you pressing the brake pedal hard. I've never heard a bang like this with AEB or manual braking. Does it do it in your car when you apply the brakes hard manually?

FYI, the internet is full of people bringing in cars for complaints like this to mechanics and it turns out to be something rolling around in the car. Any bowling balls in the frunk?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0