Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.26.10 automatic emergency braking unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I installed 2023.26.10 with FSDb11.4.4 I started getting a message "Automatic emergency braking unavailable."

This message appears briefly when I first get into the 2023 Model Y (2/26/2023 delivery). Does this mean that it is not available for the entire drive?

Reading other posts I have tried: 1) The two button reset; 2) the safety/power off wait 3 minutes; 3) Changing the wheel from 19 inch to 20 inch then back to 19 inch.

I have not tried to recalibrate the cameras yet. Camera preview seems to show that the cameras are not horribly blocked.

When this happens I am inside my garage where it is somewhat dark, with a light bulb illuminating the part of the garage where the car is not parked. Could this be affecting things? I sometimes get a "camera blocked parking assist degraded" message in the garage. Don't remember this lately though.

Has anyone else had this happen after 2023.26.10?

When facing bright sunlight, I do see a bit of haze on the inside of the windshield. What would be the best way to clean this?

Thanks.

Ahhh. I have the same issue. Do you happen to have the S3XY buttons installed? I had just installed them and wasn’t sure if the Commander was a factor.
No, I have a vanilla car. Only floor mats, mud flaps and the Tesla paint protection film.

Message started right after I did the 2023.26.10 update.

I took the car out today and cleared the camera calibration data. Surprisingly it finished calibration in less than ten miles.

The message still seems to be coming.

It is rainy today. When I had the car outside I did the camera preview and saw a strange rolling pattern over a small part of the front camera view when looking at my other two parked cars. I took a paper towel and put it up on the window to try to see where the cameras are and maybe wiped a little of the glass. The rolling wavy pattern went away.

I suspect that I still have the problem, but will have to check this afternoon when I go out again.

No, I have a vanilla car. Only floor mats, mud flaps and the Tesla paint protection film.

Message started right after I did the 2023.26.10 update.

I took the car out today and cleared the camera calibration data. Surprisingly it finished calibration in less than ten miles.

The message still seems to be coming.

It is rainy today. When I had the car outside I did the camera preview and saw a strange rolling pattern over a small part of the front camera view when looking at my other two parked cars. I took a paper towel and put it up on the window to try to see where the cameras are and maybe wiped a little of the glass. The rolling wavy pattern went away.

I suspect that I still have the problem, but will have to check this afternoon when I go out again.
I have the same issue and it just started yesterday. Model 3 2023. Goes away very quickly

Yes, it goes away almost immediately. My suspect is that it's a bug in this release then.
Not sure I understand "it goes away almost immediately".

Do you mean that the message only displays for a few seconds when you get in the car, but once it goes away the automatic braking is working again?

I was thinking it was just informing you of the problem. Should the message stay up continuously if the automatic braking were really off?

I suppose I could test it :)

When I was driving around this afternoon I wiped the water off the car and did the fast calibration. I thought it might have corrected the problem. A couple times with the car sitting it did not show, but then it showed up again. When I checked FSDb, it said that FSDb requires more calibration and was at 98% when I got home today.

Not sure I understand "it goes away almost immediately".

Do you mean that the message only displays for a few seconds when you get in the car, but once it goes away the automatic braking is working again?
Yes. The message goes away within 2 seconds and when I go into Service mode it doesn't show any alerts in the system. That leads me to the strong believe it's a buggy alert.
I was thinking it was just informing you of the problem. Should the message stay up continuously if the automatic braking were really off?

Yes, in the past when I have seen real alerts they both stayed around, were visible in the alerts pane, AND were in the service mode.

After I installed 2023.26.10 with FSDb11.4.4 I started getting a message "Automatic emergency braking unavailable."

This message appears briefly when I first get into the 2023 Model Y (2/26/2023 delivery). Does this mean that it is not available for the entire drive?

Reading other posts I have tried: 1) The two button reset; 2) the safety/power off wait 3 minutes; 3) Changing the wheel from 19 inch to 20 inch then back to 19 inch.

I have not tried to recalibrate the cameras yet. Camera preview seems to show that the cameras are not horribly blocked.

When this happens I am inside my garage where it is somewhat dark, with a light bulb illuminating the part of the garage where the car is not parked. Could this be affecting things? I sometimes get a "camera blocked parking assist degraded" message in the garage. Don't remember this lately though.

When facing bright sunlight, I do see a bit of haze on the inside of the windshield. What would be the best way to clean this?

Thanks.
I’m on 2023.26.11 and I’ve been getting this same message ever since I updated. Was starting to get worried but glad I’m not the only one. Autopilot and FSD still work fine tho, I would assume with this message those features may not work so maybe it really is a bug?

This sounds worth a service appointment.

To clean a hazy windshield, I've had the most success using Invisible Glass cleaner and multiple passes. (If there's a better cleaner to remove plastic vapor deposits from glass, someone please point it out.)

Clean it where sunlight will reveal the hazy spots. Alternate between cleaning the inside and outside, and if you use only vertical strokes on one side and horizontal strokes on the other side, that should reveal which side needs more cleaning.

Now if the haze is on the windshield area under the camera cover behind the rearview mirror, that'd hurt the AEB and TACC features.

There is a YouTube video showing how to open that cover to clean the glass, but I'd probably ask the service experts to do it.

Reactions: superblast
This sounds worth a service appointment.

To clean a hazy windshield, I've had the most success using Invisible Glass cleaner and multiple passes. (If there's a better cleaner to remove plastic vapor deposits from glass, someone please point it out.)

Clean it where sunlight will reveal the hazy spots. Alternate between cleaning the inside and outside, and if you use only vertical strokes on one side and horizontal strokes on the other side, that should reveal which side needs more cleaning.

Now if the haze is on the windshield area under the camera cover behind the rearview mirror, that'd hurt the AEB and TACC features.

There is a YouTube video showing how to open that cover to clean the glass, but I'd probably ask the service experts to do it.
But is it really a cleaning issue if many people are having this same issue after an update??

Thanks.
Exactly the same symptom and environmental conditions for my 3 in my garage.