Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.44.30.8 autopilot cameras and emergency braking unavailable a lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 Model 3 SR just updated to 2023.44.30.8 and all day long I’ve been getting messages saying “autopilot cameras unavailable” and “emergency braking unavailable”. They will go away and then come back. My cameras aren’t dirty or blocked. Anyone else see this? New bug?

Upon further investigation there appears to be water intrusion into the driver side front fender camera/turn signal. It showed up after this major storm we just had. My guess is it’s a coincidence and the software update isn’t to blame. I won’t know for sure until they can replace the camera.

Reactions: KArnold
My 2022 Model 3 SR just updated to 2023.44.30.8 and all day long I’ve been getting messages saying “autopilot cameras unavailable” and “emergency braking unavailable”. They will go away and then come back. My cameras aren’t dirty or blocked. Anyone else see this? New bug?
Same here w/ my 2020 M3 and the software version; rebooted a few times, no luck. Now you have me wondering as we’ve been getting heavy rains (South FL) as well. Was going to take it in for service.

I didn’t. It started working again. But it’s kind of loose so I’m sure it will cause errors again. I called Tesla and they said they will replace if I want to bring it in.
Curiously, on my MY, the left fender camera failed on a couple recent drives. It would not be available when I started driving to a restaurant. But, when I started the return trip home, the camera worked. I, too, see condensation in the housing, so booked a service appt to replace the camera.