Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Badging for Solar-Charged EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just think stating it that way makes people assume we are purely talking about financial incentives-- which is another trap I think the thread can fall into. How about "Tesla Solar Badge of Honor".

I suppose I will just let the moderator use his or her own judgement when he/she gets to it.

bonnie, apoligize for contacting you. I thought moderators had full reign over the site (and I suppose some do) and you were just one that I knew about because I had conversed with you before. I see now that it's easy to tell which moderator is in charge of which section (never noticed that before.) Live and learn...

Yes, we divided it up (with the exception of doug - he has superpowers) -- just too much to cover, otherwise. No worries. We all talk to each other, so I notified the mods with privileges in this area.

Most of the mods have their sections in their signatures, another way to tell.

People replying with "Been there, done that" or "Already done" seem to be missing the entire point!
Are you reading the original post?
Perhaps I should have named the thread something like "Tesla Should Incentivize Going Solar For Good"

Tesla did(does?) have an incentive deal with Solar City. I got a discount from SCTY due to our purchase of the Model S.

But... But... it looks cool! :rolleyes:

How about if it was a secret symbol that only we smirky Model S owners knew the meaning of?
Then we could drive around acting all cool, winking at each other, etc.
And everyone would be curious about the mystique, they would want in, want to be part of the cool crowd.
Washington-Freemason-Eye.jpg

Then everyone gets a Tesla and solar panels, coal and oil go back to being dinosaurs and we all live happily ever after.
OK, I am in quite a silly mood tonight.

I like the idea of communicating support for renewable energy in as many difference ways as possible. We use a green energy supplier and put up a sign in the front window to publicly endorse green energy (in addition to the solar panels on the roof) and would like to communicate to others the reality that there is now a viable fossil fuel free alternative through the Tesla.

Hi Alpha

I think it would be good thing to have a sticker / badge to show that your Tesla(s) is/are is solar powered.Lots of naysayers still like to point out that a Tesla runs on coal, nuclear and is therefore more polluting than ICE's. The badge also should include other forms of renewable energy production (hydro, wind etc.). At least here, we can choose various mixes of electricity from the supplier (100% solar, 100% hydro, 80% renewable + nuclear etc., at different prices of course).

BTW, Solar since 2009, on home and office, 20 and 15 kWp.