Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've been working on a way to make EV energy plans better in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

em_93

Oct 20, 2023
Texas
I’m at a startup that just launched some new tech to intelligently optimize charging – cheaper, greener, and with more visibility into what's going on with your car. I wanted to share because it’s live for Tesla drivers in Dallas & Houston today!

We realized that the things that energy companies here in TX typically offer for EVs often end up being a bad break. Think things like free nights for charging (sounds good), but with super high daytime rates so all the savings get zeroed out.

So we built something where you can get a normal energy plan and get EV benefits on top – save $ and reduce emissions, plus track charging. It works by telling your car to charge when wholesale energy prices are lower than your regular energy rate, and then gives you back the difference each month. No scheduling to weird times, it works anytime the car is plugged in, and can be even cheaper because it can actually respond to what’s happening in markets.

We're pretty excited about it and think it's a way better way to do home charging. I'd love to know what you think and how we can make it better