Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AWD front motor sounds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got 2019.28.3.1! Unfortunately the chirping is around the same for me at highway speeds, though seems slightly diminished between 35-40 (could be placebo though).

One important note: for me the chirping only starts on the highway when the motors have warmed up a bit (5-10mi of driving).

Hi.
Quick update on this:

I took my car to service last week and they finally agreed to have a look at this along with some other annoyances that I've been reporting since I bought the car last year.

FWIW; a new car shouldn't sound like this and compared to other modern cars, this makes the Model 3 look like a half-assed unfinished product IMO.

If they can't fix it, I'll consider trading it in for a RWD.

I've now owned a few AWD M3's and driven in many others, and it's definitely a "normal" sound. There are slight variations between cars, and some don't exhibit it as much as others, but they're all roughly the same.

I wish it didn't make the noise, but I'm learning to get used to it because the car is otherwise so perfect!

I've also owned a long range RWD Model 3, and definitely advice anyone sensitive to high-pitched noises to go for RWD :)

I've now owned a few AWD M3's and driven in many others, and it's definitely a "normal" sound. There are slight variations between cars, and some don't exhibit it as much as others, but they're all roughly the same.

I wish it didn't make the noise, but I'm learning to get used to it because the car is otherwise so perfect!

I've also owned a long range RWD Model 3, and definitely advice anyone sensitive to high-pitched noises to go for RWD :)

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. This makes me feel a lot better. I’ve slowly gotten use to it after 18 months.

• Love
Reactions: daveymcgav