Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot rolling out to all AP2 HW cars today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that when following a motorcycle there is no "car" or "cycle" graphic, just a blank space. My TACC does correctly adjust speed and came to a stop behind the cycle when he stopped at the light. Just missing the graphic.

This contradicts what Tesla has told me.

Please write [email protected] and [email protected] and let them know about that!

Reactions: MP3Mike
It will be interesting to see how many HW2 cars need the camera adjustment...and how long the wait is at service centers. They could be slammed.

I had my S90D HW2 car at the service center today and asked them to check my camera's pitch. They said that they have not been told about the camera pitch issue and that they do not have any procedures yet to adjust the camera pitch. I just installed 17.2.3 and will drive the car to see if the camera will calibrate.

I noticed that when following a motorcycle there is no "car" or "cycle" graphic, just a blank space. My TACC does correctly adjust speed and came to a stop behind the cycle when he stopped at the light. Just missing the graphic.
In my previous AP1 car, bicycles and motorcycles would show in the cluster view. So it's probably coming eventually in AP2.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Hi, recent tesla model x p75d owner here located in Toronto. Has anyone else not yet received the latest update? I live in a condo and I park in p5 where there's no signal at all. I'm not sure if that's causing the issue.

Once your car gets assigned the update they try to deliver it via WiFi for the first couple weeks, and after that they will fall back to the costlier LTE network.

Hi, recent tesla model x p75d owner here located in Toronto. Has anyone else not yet received the latest update? I live in a condo and I park in p5 where there's no signal at all. I'm not sure if that's causing the issue.
Some say being at a supercharger/store can help trigger it. You might try going there to fill up, log into their WiFi and have a meal somewhere. Charging & Lurking can't hurt.

Some say being at a supercharger/store can help trigger it. You might try going there to fill up, log into their WiFi and have a meal somewhere. Charging & Lurking can't hurt.
I just got back from the service center actually but their wifi is pass ore protected. And being an owner for not too long, I haven't even had a chance to ask for the password. I should find out the next time I visit since they were closed when I got there to charge.

Realized the car steered much smoother this evening than today's morning.
Can it be it learned that fast?
Did almost no corrections...
Or is it still calibrating the cameras? Even AP is available already!

With AP 1.0 what was alleged to happen (no official word from Tesla) is a major update would wipe out all the map tile information. Then it would eventually re-download the map tiles to the AP cache.

So I could see something similar happening with AP 2.0 where it rapidly improved after the map tiles downloaded to the car. It can be a rapid improvement because the maps are a result of years of AP data collection.

I just got back from the service center actually but their wifi is pass ore protected. And being an owner for not too long, I haven't even had a chance to ask for the password. I should find out the next time I visit since they were closed when I got there to charge.
It's not triggered by joining, and downloading from there.

It's triggered by the GPS location. But, I wouldn't bother with it because as far as I know they removed that trick.