Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I forgot to add to my first post…

After years, the problem of changing lanes from the outside lane to the middle lane aborting half way through the lane change is still VERY prevalent. This is going to cause a pile up one day.

And don’t even try to ask the system to navigate somewhere using your English accented voice!
Interesting you say that. When British English was added for voice command, the improvement for me was instantaneous. Obscure local places were recognised for the first time ever.

US English was pants at recognising pretty much everything!

Big brother compliance measures

In NY, wipers go on, headlights go on, it’s the law
As for AP, Tesla is driving in that mode and understand why they force the wipers on, so that AP can see
However, this is the UK and this is a UK forum. Before vision only my autopilot worked quite happily and there was no requirement for wipers or lights and the car could see and performed considerably better.

Reactions: Mr. Impatient
Have basic AP, other than the lane changes all rings true for me. Test drove a BMW i4 today with the full driver package. Oh my goodness what a relaxing alternative to AP. I had it running while in heavy traffic in town, and it gently sped up and slowed down how I would. There was a large van half in the lane and, shockingly it didn't brake super hard. Instead, I just nudged the wheel to the right and went around it. No bongs, no wrestling the steering wheel, amazing.

Going to Vision is when my AP experience went into the toilet. I spend so much time giving it a nudge with the accelerator to keep up with the traffic ahead that I'm not sure if I'm even using cruise anymore.

Beyond angry that they can unilaterally remove features and break stuff, while also tanking second-hand values. I was planning on keeping my car for ages and used to wax lyrical about how amazing it is. Not anymore.

funny, how when I said that this is the case with BMW, I was told, by some musk piss drinkers, that I am wrong and AP is best thing since sliced bread.

at the moment, IMHO, basic AP is better than nothing, but it is by far, on the lower side of the scale of all driver assistants

it is like default requirement EVERYWHERE in the world, common sense.
I don’t get you. Default requirement in Europe to have wipers on when autopilot is on? Can you reference that please because as far as I’m concerned as soon as musk announced vision only, it was THEN that the wiper stuck on with autopilot. No law change here in Europe. For the 6 years prior to his vision only announcement autopilot coped perfectly well without the wipers being forced on.

View attachment 960325

Just turned autopilot on and immediately the wipers are going in this weather. 3 minutes later they are still wiping. Holy mother of God, who develops this sh1t. Neural learning my backside.
Well done. I’m sure the family in that focus are really appreciative of you using your phone while driving on a motorway - and then posting it on the internet.

If you can let us all know your planned movements we will avoid the roads you use while playing on your phone.

Thanks in advance

Have basic AP, other than the lane changes all rings true for me. Test drove a BMW i4 today with the full driver package. Oh my goodness what a relaxing alternative to AP. I had it running while in heavy traffic in town, and it gently sped up and slowed down how I would. There was a large van half in the lane and, shockingly it didn't brake super hard. Instead, I just nudged the wheel to the right and went around it. No bongs, no wrestling the steering wheel, amazing.
That’s very interesting about the i4. Maybe time for a test drive.

I don’t get you. Default requirement in Europe to have wipers on when autopilot is on? Can you reference that please because as far as I’m concerned as soon as musk announced vision only, it was THEN that the wiper stuck on with autopilot. No law change here in Europe. For the 6 years prior to his vision only announcement autopilot coped perfectly well without the wipers being forced on.
I think he meant the default requirement is to have headlights on when wipers are operating…nothing to do with autopilot in regs. Or maybe I misinterpreted.

Reactions: MrBadger
Default requirement to turn on lights when it is raining...