Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

automatic brake lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
a driver cussed me out for "brake checking" - not a big deal, but it helped me realize that the brake lights automatically turn on when I take my foot off the accelerator. I get it. the brake regen slows down the car, so for safety in alerting the driver behind me, the brakes turn on. I'll keep it like this for safety reasons, so no one hits me from behind, but I want to know - is there a way (or setting) to turn this off? so that the brake lights come on only when I hit the brakes, not when the regen is slowing the car

a driver cussed me out for "brake checking" - not a big deal, but it helped me realize that the brake lights automatically turn on when I take my foot off the accelerator. I get it. the brake regen slows down the car, so for safety in alerting the driver behind me, the brakes turn on. I'll keep it like this for safety reasons, so no one hits me from behind, but I want to know - is there a way (or setting) to turn this off? so that the brake lights come on only when I hit the brakes, not when the regen is slowing the car
Nope. Maybe all the a-holes will learn to stop tailgaiting hehe