Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't be too reactive to EDD changes. They often don't mean much, and in fact in the Model 3 thread a lot of people in the last couple of days have seen that same EDD change (seemingly a delay) right before they get sent the delivery text message.

From reading your previous posts it seems as though your car was on the Morning Crystal (correct me if I'm wrong)? The unload for that is done, so I'd say you're really not that far off from getting your car.

Reactions: sbansal
Melbourne EDD changed this morning to Feb 16 - Mar 2nd.
Date ordered: 29th Sept 2023
Sold my M3 on 20th Oct 2023 and haven’t had a car since.

I think I have waited enough. Looking at other cars now. Most likely going to call Tesla, share my disappointment and cancel the order. I think I have had enough.

Spending over $70k on a car and I am being treated like crap. Not the Tesla experience I was expecting.
I feel for you mate, but you are this close to getting your car now. Do you want to cancel now, and potentially have to wait for longer for a non-inventory car?

Melbourne EDD changed this morning to Feb 16 - Mar 2nd.
Date ordered: 29th Sept 2023
Sold my M3 on 20th Oct 2023 and haven’t had a car since.

I think I have waited enough. Looking at other cars now. Most likely going to call Tesla, share my disappointment and cancel the order. I think I have had enough.

Spending over $70k on a car and I am being treated like crap. Not the Tesla experience I was expecting.
Arrrghhh nooo!! My MC MEL EDD isn’t changed yet… but we all know it’s because even that is delayed…

Yes, I too got the arrived in Australia message, but I knew that already, from the awesome people on this forum. Since then its been nothing, and my EDD is still Feb 14 to March 6, which seems far fetched, when Melburnians are now getting an updated EDD.
I just got this response from Tesla:

Hi,

While it's in Australia, it's not yet in Adelaide. When it's available to collect you will receive an SMS to schedule a date and time to collect from our Adelaide Airport Delivery Centre.

Thanks
The Tesla Team

I just got this response from Tesla:

Hi,

While it's in Australia, it's not yet in Adelaide. When it's available to collect you will receive an SMS to schedule a date and time to collect from our Adelaide Airport Delivery Centre.

Thanks
The Tesla Team
Thanks Jason, so no real update at all then. My thoughts are that if the Melbourne EDD has been delayed, and the cars are in Melbourne, our EDD will be delayed significantly, but who would know.

Thanks Jason, so no real update at all then. My thoughts are that if the Melbourne EDD has been delayed, and the cars are in Melbourne, our EDD will be delayed significantly, but who would know.
Yeah, I thought that the delays are beacuse the delivery centers in Melb are congested, not the ports so they should have trucked the Adelaide cars off ahead already, but that might not be the case.

I wouldn't be too reactive to EDD changes. They often don't mean much, and in fact in the Model 3 thread a lot of people in the last couple of days have seen that same EDD change (seemingly a delay) right before they get sent the delivery text message.

From reading your previous posts it seems as though your car was on the Morning Crystal (correct me if I'm wrong)? The unload for that is done, so I'd say you're really not that far off from getting your car.
Sadly I took a punt and sold my car for a good price. In tracking MC it looked like very good odds that it would arrive on the front end of the EDD. Alas, I have been Elon'd. Original EDD was Oct.

Reactions: jq371
Got a message saying add your payment info to prioritise your delivery. I'm still waiting for NL to come back on the final numbers. Does not having this step completed impact delivery dates? My edd is Feb 24th to March 16th so I figured I had time, but the walrus ace is arriving tomorrow. No vin yet but maybe that's related as well to this payment info step?

Got a message saying add your payment info to prioritise your delivery. I'm still waiting for NL to come back on the final numbers. Does not having this step completed impact delivery dates? My edd is Feb 24th to March 16th so I figured I had time, but the walrus ace is arriving tomorrow. No vin yet but maybe that's related as well to this payment info step?
If the ship hasn't even arrived yet, you have time.
Soooo much time.

My EDD has disappeared and reverted back to “we’ll notify you when it’s time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks.” VIN assigned and got email about it being on LA a couple weeks ago. I guess there’s a lot up in the air atm with so many ships arriving and congestion in the delivery centres. Also the fact they’re dropping LA cars at Sydney, then Melbourne and then presumably Brisbane. Hoping this doesn’t extend to the end of March!

My EDD has disappeared and reverted back to “we’ll notify you when it’s time to continue with your pre-delivery tasks.” VIN assigned and got email about it being on LA a couple weeks ago. I guess there’s a lot up in the air atm with so many ships arriving and congestion in the delivery centres. Also the fact they’re dropping LA cars at Sydney, then Melbourne and then presumably Brisbane. Hoping this doesn’t extend to the end of March!
Seems like people elsewhere are saying momentary disappearance of EDD does not mean much. Pretty sure that will come back soon.

Reactions: jq371