Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody get another final invoice email from Tesla? Sick of their price variations etcs. They're honestly the most incompetent company I've ever experienced!
Their business model relies on you needing them to sell you a Tesla, more than they need you to buy one, if that makes sense. Like it's been said here before.. it's like we are supposed to feel lucky that they even allow us to buy their cars!

In all seriousness though, they don't care - they are not a car dealership and the sales assistants don't make any commission. They also know that they will easily offload your cancelled order to someone else in a heartbeat, so there is little incentive providing a good customer experience.

Just my experience anyway.

Might be a newb question but for nrma insurance, whats the difference between:

2024 RWD MY23 and
2023 RWD MY23

The quote price is significantly different
Is there? Which is cheaper?

As far as I'm aware:
2024 MY23 means it's first registered and delivered in '24 but manufactured in '23, thus the Model Year is 23. This is reflected in the VIN. Think of the LA customers getting the ex-GC cargo.

23-23 means that the customer bought a MY23 car and it was delivered and registered in 2023.

Might be a newb question but for nrma insurance, whats the difference between:

2024 RWD MY23 and
2023 RWD MY23

The quote price is significantly different
The first one was built in 2024 and the other in 2023.
The "MY" stands for Model Year. They are exactly the same spec, just built in different years.

If it was built in 2023, it has to be insured as a 2023.

Reactions: Tony Soprano
The first one was built in 2024 and the other in 2023.
The "MY" stands for Model Year. They are exactly the same spec, just built in different years.

If it was built in 2023, it has to be insured as a 2023.
This confuses me. I thought MY23 refers to the build year and if it is delivered / registered in 2024 it would be the first one i.e. 2024 RWD MY 23. Someone suggested this above. Is this not correct?

This confuses me. I thought MY23 refers to the build year and if it is delivered / registered in 2024 it would be the first one i.e. 2024 RWD MY 23. Someone suggested this above. Is this not correct?
It would make sense but it's not the case.
"MY" is Model Year.
For example, I got my GTI Golf in October 2006.
There was a refresh at the time for the upcoming year that my build was part of (shorter rear headrests and silver radio surround) so it was a 2006 MY07.

There has been no spec change and because it's so close at the moment between 2023 and 2024, both builds are a 2023 spec so they are MY23.

You don't insure a car based on when it was first registered.
Insurance is all about risk and how likely there is to be an incident with that specific car.
Currently, there have been more incidents (obviously) with the 2023 built vehicle than the 2024 built vehicle which results in a higher premium.

Reactions: Winnieblue
IMG_4856.jpeg

Got it directly from HQ. Thanks for everyone’s input.

I'm a bit confused. Our MYLR is said to be on the Lapis Arrow. We are in Brisbane and got an ED between the 3-24 of February. That's seems strange since people in Melbourne and Sydney with car on this boat are getting the cars before Brisbane and have EDD's later than ours. I know they can change our EDD again, but it popped up yesterday after being on TBD for a while. I'm wondering is they are looking at getting one from another shipment? The VIN seems to be same, or at least I can't tell if it changed. Any ideas folks?