Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey mate,

Just got off the phone to tesla, will be assigned a new vin and car delivered march (based in sydney). They claim they understand its fustrating. Also tried to say they have provided ample compensation considering it was a glovis delivery issue not tesla. I've asked for supercharger credits in addition to what they offered.

I ordered in late September and I got all my finances and insurance organised since I was expecting my first born child. On this trajectory my first born might end up driving it out of the delivery centre 😄
Keep us updated

I’m a MYP with a VIN and the car is back in china via the GC

No further updates

the sound system barely gets a mention on the AU MY information web page when I looked today.

It's still mentioned on the "Interior Features" list, which you access by clicking on the "Features" button and scrolling through the cards that pop up

1704850147825.png

1704850108120.png

Good to hear, but it's interesting that the sound system barely gets a mention on the AU MY information web page when I looked today.
I'm surprised they don't do a better job of advertising the features on their website. It wasn't until I ordered my M3LR that I even found out it has a better sound system than the standard M3.... I was happy paying extra for just the performance, let alone things on top.

Hey mate,

Just got off the phone to tesla, will be assigned a new vin and car delivered march (based in sydney). They claim they understand its fustrating. Also tried to say they have provided ample compensation considering it was a glovis delivery issue not tesla. I've asked for supercharger credits in addition to what they offered.

I ordered in late September and I got all my finances and insurance organised since I was expecting my first born child. On this trajectory my first born might end up driving it out of the delivery centre 😄
For a MYP?

I just got told we can’t tell you a thing, the team is working on it…

But the ship that’s on the way hasn’t got a car for you on it

The team is on it

So possibly the ship after the one that’s on the way

MYP

Awesome, right when I won’t be available for 4 weeks as I have to leave town for work

Still really unhappy as I ordered only because I was told the car is on a boat waiting to dock in BNE, after the sales rep knew about the GC issue as the boat had already been floating around for a while, had I have known that I would have a car now…

I got at updated invoice from Tesla with new VIN and a build date of 27/12, so just missed out on a 24 build. Also got the new rego papers signed back to Tesla and re-signed the lease agreement due to updated VIN. All is good to go for me except Tesla still are not providing a new EDD, it still says I will be advised.

Regarding compo. I don't think giving us 6 months of Enhanced Autopilot is much at all, considering most of us probably used a referral link and already had 3 months free. Another 3 months of something that is mostly not worth much is disappointing. What would be better is a free mobile charger for everyone. That would save us $550 and probably only cost Tesla a couple of hundred.

I just got told we can’t tell you a thing, the team is working on it…

But the ship that’s on the way hasn’t got a car for you on it

The team is on it

So possibly the ship after the one that’s on the way

MYP

Awesome, right when I won’t be available for 4 weeks as I have to leave town for work

Still really unhappy as I ordered only because I was told the car is on a boat waiting to dock in BNE, after the sales rep knew about the GC issue as the boat had already been floating around for a while, had I have known that I would have a car now…
The rep didn't lie.

The ship was waiting for approval to dock right up up the point that it was rejected.

Reactions: Jules22
I was told all sorts of things by the rep/salesman you'll have your car by Xmas easy, or shortly after Xmas, not a chance now maybe March? Now that's an awkward time because I will be away for a couple of weeks in March. & if you believe Electric Viking by mid year Juniper will be here not that I want that model but Hey...

Don't put too much credibility to Electric Viking, he has some good stuff, but especially lately he's been picking up a lot of crap from very uninformed sources and sprouting it as facts. All his stuff on M3H and particularly his timeframes has been garbage, he even has had some stuff recently on the new M3 that five minutes of research would have corrected for him. (even the GC reporting he did was 99% wrong)

Tesla Shanghai explicitly said that the mid-year reporting was completely wrong. I doubt it will be available until end of year for ordering for delivery next year.