Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We won't get anything as a 'sorry your car took x months more' unless you are famous on

Oh yes, Tesla supply the UMC to popular YouTubers for good rep but when there's actual late deliveries for customers "lol whoopsie" ✌️

To be fair though, this delay is mostly out of their control and they have a LOT of people waiting.
This wasn't YT privilege.
The whole shipment got them due to delays at the factory.

give these guys a try - Sell My Car - Instant Online Quote - Car Buyers
I ended up going with them, they quoted much more than carsales, they are a lot more thorough though, they actually sent someone out same day to check the car over thoroughly and had a contract ready for me to sign on the spot. The price I got was 28k for a Mazda 3 which was only a few thousand less than I reckon I'd end up with selling privately. Carsales quoted something like 19 or 20 from memory.

Reactions: Billylid
Oh yes, Tesla supply the UMC to popular YouTubers for good rep but when there's actual late deliveries for customers "lol whoopsie" ✌️

To be fair though, this delay is mostly out of their control and they have a LOT of people waiting.

Selfish of me, but I'm hoping they send the whole lot back to China. Just want to see if the tesla attitude will change, rather than "Whoopsie".

Tesla's customer service motto

TESLA CUSTOMERS ARE LIKE MUSHROOMS YOU KEEP 'EM IN THE DARK AND FEED 'EM S@#!​

Hi Robert, what are the Tesla Customer service people meant to tell you? Your car and many other cars are on a ship, stuck doing laps out of the Brisbane coast and have been there since late October. Some Government people have checked it out 3 times and aren't happy that there are smelly beatles aboard. Some other people in Hazmat suits have board sprayed Mortein 3 times, and it just hasn't succeeded in putting the bugs to sleep.

Hi Robert, what are the Tesla Customer service people meant to tell you? Your car and many other cars are on a ship, stuck doing laps out of the Brisbane coast and have been there since late October. Some Government people have checked it out 3 times and aren't happy that there are smelly beatles aboard. Some other people in Hazmat suits have board sprayed Mortein 3 times, and it just hasn't succeeded in putting the bugs to sleep.
Yep, as has been pointed out multiple times, the department themselves don't know when it can dock, all they are doing is getting it fumigated then checking two weeks later. THEN once it's cleared they tell the company who run the ship and only then can they tell Tesla. So Tesla are obviously as much in the dark as everyone else, getting angry at them serves zero purpose.

Reactions: meloccom
What you just wrote would be more info than we've been getting.
It would help to know if the ship has failed the last inspection or if the carrier simply can't get a berth at Fisherman Islands until January.

At the moment, I'm on my 3rd EDD, the NSW stamp duty exemption is something I will now have to chase and at the current rate of progress, it's quite possible that the 2024 refresh will be here before the cars on the GC.

Tesla's level of communication with customers is below what's needed in the circumstances.

Hello good people... I was reached out by Tesla team member in Parramatta and secured an April 2023 built MY23 vehicle. Picked it up yesterday (in heavy rain). Brand new and in excellent condition.

My message to you all is not to lose hope! This is only a phase and I completely stopped looking at GC and its stupid laps!

Also side note, I have an extra MY23 spoiler if and when you get the car. I will be more than happy to throw it your way if you are in Sydney; if out west, you can come pick it up too.

Also, if anyone has ordered 20" tyres, please reach out as I have wheel/hubcap protectors as well.

DM me for pictures if you are interested.

Hi Billy, Well they could publish the reports sent to them by their shipping agents - they would contain how many live bugs/ dead bugs / eggs found at last official inspection, the actions they have been directed to taken, the time before the next inspection can be requested, when it is scheduled the date of the next inspection and the results of the inspections carried out at sea by the crew between official inspections. Rather than a vague statement about Bio-hazard Issue. Its called transparency, it would allow us to make an informed decision.

Reactions: Billylid
I see the QLD port (Public Pages) is now showing Glovis coming in this weekend. That plus the flurry of comms from Tesla re my final invoice is making me optimistic, perhaps foolishly that this saga may finally be coming to a close. Now it's clearly pushed to next FY but I am pretending to be confident that I'll have my MY in January...
Back to the grain terminal though….

Hi Billy, Well they could publish the reports sent to them by their shipping agents - they would contain how many live bugs/ dead bugs / eggs found at last official inspection, the actions they have been directed to taken, the time before the next inspection can be requested, when it is scheduled the date of the next inspection and the results of the inspections carried out at sea by the crew between official inspections. Rather than a vague statement about Bio-hazard Issue. Its called transparency, it would allow us to make an informed decision.

Back to the grain terminal though….
is that just for inspection?

IMG_4201.jpeg
What the….!!!