Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got a model y on Don Juan? It's now on its way to Brisbane again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-213513.png
    Screenshot_20231218-213513.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 32
I am curious as to why Tesla is not reassigning VINs to GC customers if more shipments are coming.
Don Juan is likely to be the first large shipment of new Model 3. I hope they managed to get some Y's on board to help you guys out, but I suspect the thought would be that GC is much more likely to be released before DJ arrives here.

Nobody has received any VIN's for DJ as yet (we could also be wrong and it could be carrying BYD's or something else)

I am curious as to why Tesla is not reassigning VINs to GC customers if more shipments are coming.
They're probably already assigned to more recent orders.
Doing it this way means that only the customers waiting on GC are annoyed/frustrated/financially stuffed/disappointed(--insert word of your choice here--). Brand damage is limited to GC orders.

I have some other concerns as the time drags on:
1) In NSW, despite having an order in the works, we may not get our $3K rebate. If enough other buyers get in ahead of us and the 25000 car limit is reached, we'll get nothing.
2) The battery packs have been sitting for much longer than normal. If they leave the factory at 100%, capacity deterioration could be a factor.
Even if only charged to (say) 70% and with the car in some kind of total shutdown mode, there could be some deterioration.
3) Tesla don't seem to do much in the pre-delivery area beyond giving the car a bath and organising registration. I get the impression that they wait until the customer (who may know nothing about cars) inspects the car and calls out problems before fixing issues.

Maybe someone who works for Tesla in Oz could comment???

Doing it this way means that only the customers waiting on GC are annoyed/frustrated/financially stuffed/disappointed(--insert word of your choice here--). Brand damage is limited to GC orders.

1) In NSW, despite having an order in the works, we may not get our $3K rebate. If enough other buyers get in ahead of us and the 25000 car limit is reached, we'll get nothing.
2) The battery packs have been sitting for much longer than normal. If they leave the factory at 100%, capacity deterioration could be a factor.
Even if only charged to (say) 70% and with the car in some kind of total shutdown mode, there could be some deterioration.
3) Tesla don't seem to do much in the pre-delivery area beyond giving the car a bath and organising registration. I get the impression that they wait until the customer (who may know nothing about cars) inspects the car and calls out problems before fixing issues.

From an SMH article on Dec 17, still 14,000 rebates left.

By the start of December, only 10,229 rebates had been paid, and 931 applications were being processed, data from the Department of Customer Service shows.

The remaining almost 14,000 rebates remain available to be claimed by NSW residents purchasing eligible vehicles in the state before the end of the year, regardless of whether the vehicles have been delivered before January 1.

I am beginning to have concerns with the battery health and exposure to any salt air that can cause corrosion...

This is a bloody mess. Tesla should be reassigning if more are coming. New orders can have a delay, it's called setting an expectation. If you tell new buyers there is a 2 month wait then hey they wait two months. If you tell GC customers there is a two month wait and then deliver months after that (and counting) whilst fulfilling new orders, that's a huge middle finger to many customers.

Last edited:
I am beginning to have concerns with the battery health and exposure to any salt air that can cause corrosion...
I'm not worried about salt assuming they're inside like videos of car-carrying ships have shown.

Electronic systems on ships last decades without any issues. It's only really things that are exposed to the salt water that experience any noticeable degradation.

Yes. I'm wondering about that too. They should be assigning cars from other ships to GC customers first.
If they do that, delivery delays will just keep bumping along to more and more customers. As it is, we're only a handful of unhappy customers that they can easily brush off ("containment strategy").
They might have to bring out a fresh batch just for us if GC is ultimately refused entry, but for now, they don't want to upset any more buyers. That could get them a very bad rep. very quickly.

Sent tesla a text with questions such as, possibility of - GC heading back to china failing bio security again, being reassigned a diff car, cancelling order.

Their response - Blah blah blah union strikes blah blah, biosecurity blah blah, we can't reassign you, blah blah, we are working so hard, blah blah thanks for patience.

Didn't address the cancellation question. Guess once they got your money its go and get F'ed. Swear this will be my first and last Tesla.

Sent tesla a text with questions such as, possibility of - GC heading back to china failing bio security again, being reassigned a diff car, cancelling order.

Their response - Blah blah blah union strikes blah blah, biosecurity blah blah, we can't reassign you, blah blah, we are working so hard, blah blah thanks for patience.

Didn't address the cancellation question. Guess once they got your money its go and get F'ed. Swear this will be my first and last Tesla.

deposits are apparently being refunded for cancelled orders if your care is on the gc. did you ask for a refund?