Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
contacted my Tesla rep via text enquiring if my MY had made it ashore in Brisbane off the Glovis Caravel:

“Thanks for reaching out. We can confirm that your car has made it to the port of Brisbane recently. However, all of the inbound cars were held at the Port for extended inspections by the authorities.

Fortunately, we are seeing cars arrive at our delivery centre this week so you should hopefully receive an invitation to schedule your car for delivery very soon!”

Have you made payment or planning to? I’m not sure if if I should make payment without the vehicle being approved yet.
Hadn’t really thought about it. I’m scheduled to pickup this Saturday so I’m arranging for the finance company to pay in the next day or two. I might just have too much faith in the process. Surely they wouldn’t allow me to schedule delivery for an unapproved vehicle? 🤷‍♂️

I'm still holding out hope that the EDD window is accurate. 16 Nov - 7 Dec, Glovis Caravel, Sydney.
Unfortunately its not, fumigation will take 10-20 days then will have to unload the remaining cars to Brisbane, this procedure will end somewhere in December then will make its way to Port Kembla. Keeping in mind it take 2-3 weeks to take delivery, we would be lucky to accept delivery before December. Still some hope before Christmas

Reactions: MrMister and elddum
contacted my Tesla rep via text enquiring if my MY had made it ashore in Brisbane off the Glovis Caravel:

“Thanks for reaching out. We can confirm that your car has made it to the port of Brisbane recently. However, all of the inbound cars were held at the Port for extended inspections by the authorities.

Fortunately, we are seeing cars arrive at our delivery centre this week so you should hopefully receive an invitation to schedule your car for delivery very soon!”
This implies they were all unloaded. Interesting.

Hadn’t really thought about it. I’m scheduled to pickup this Saturday so I’m arranging for the finance company to pay in the next day or two. I might just have too much faith in the process. Surely they wouldn’t allow me to schedule delivery for an unapproved vehicle? 🤷‍♂️
Mine doesn’t show in the register either. I was thinking about it over the weekend but not sure on what to do at this stage.

Given my delivery date is on 17/11, I will probably wait until next Monday before I make a decision.

If you guys that are picking it up this weekend hear something solid from them, please let us know.

Tbh, I am trying to keep low expectations at this stage so that I don’t get frustrated if the delivery is pushed out.

Unfortunately its not, fumigation will take 10-20 days then will have to unload the remaining cars to Brisbane, this procedure will end somewhere in December then will make its way to Port Kembla. Keeping in mind it take 2-3 weeks to take delivery, we would be lucky to accept delivery before December. Still some hope before Christmas
Talking from experience?

Mine doesn’t show in the register either. I was thinking about it over the weekend but not sure on what to do at this stage.

Given my delivery date is on 17/11, I will probably wait until next Monday before I make a decision.

If you guys that are picking it up this weekend hear something solid from them, please let us know.

Tbh, I am trying to keep low expectations at this stage so that I don’t get frustrated if the delivery is pushed out.
That's really strange, as mine was showing in the register as type approved on 19 October only a few days after Morning Cello left Shanghai. I just assumed all were the same. Wonder if given the biosecurity concerns on Glovis Caravel yours was revoked until bio-cleared?

In any event, I don't believe Tesla can sell a car unless it is approved, not without some serious legal consequences.

Personally, I wouldn't let that stop me paying. However I am waiting as late as possible to provide my leasing company the invoice to pay (on their advice). I'm waiting for a firm date, then will provide to the leasing company about 5 days out so they can process and pay on the 48 hours before delivery appointment. That's my plan anyway :)

@raulmartins_92 I agree - low expectations at the moment is a very good idea - much harder to be disappointed! I'm telling my family "some time before Christmas"!

That's really strange, as mine was showing in the register as type approved on 19 October only a few days after Morning Cello left Shanghai. I just assumed all were the same. Wonder if given the biosecurity concerns on Glovis Caravel yours was revoked until bio-cleared?

In any event, I don't believe Tesla can sell a car unless it is approved, not without some serious legal consequences.

Personally, I wouldn't let that stop me paying. However I am waiting as late as possible to provide my leasing company the invoice to pay (on their advice). I'm waiting for a firm date, then will provide to the leasing company about 5 days out so they can process and pay on the 48 hours before delivery appointment. That's my plan anyway :)

@raulmartins_92 I agree - low expectations at the moment is a very good idea - much harder to be disappointed! I'm telling my family "some time before Christmas"!

Yeah from my understanding they cannot sell a car if its not approved. No leeway in this.
Called Tesla today and they are still adamant that everything is in order, compliance will come in this week and I will collect my car on Saturday.
I made a test deposit of $100 to confirm the funds will go through and will probably make the rest tomorrow.

Tesla also made it very clear that the funds must be in their account 48 hours before if I do not want any delay.

So either way, I will need to take a gamble here and just make the payment. Here's hoping it goes well and compliance/RAV works tomorrow or Wed latest.