Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on Glovis awaiting a Melbourne delivery. My EDD hasn't changed over the past 2 weeks. It is still showing 19 Nov to 10 Dec. I guess it may be updated when Glovis finally gets to Port Kembla.

Just checked Qld TMR and oddly Glovis isn't listed (but Morning Cello is).

NSW Port Authority still has Glovis arriving 8am 7 Nov and departing for Melbourne 8am 8 Nov.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedGirl5
I'm on Glovis awaiting a Melbourne delivery. My EDD hasn't changed over the past 2 weeks. It is still showing 19 Nov to 10 Dec. I guess it may be updated when Glovis finally gets to Port Kembla.

Just checked Qld TMR and oddly Glovis isn't listed (but Morning Cello is).

NSW Port Authority still has Glovis arriving 8am 7 Nov and departing for Melbourne 8am 8 Nov.
My EDD for Melbourne is still showing Nov 14 - Dec 5 so I'm watching this closely also.

Reactions: SpeedGirl5
Wondering if anybody can shed some light know this-
When a ship(car carrier like Cello or similar) arrives in the 1st Port (in this case at Brisbane), does border security inspect for stink bugs and so on in this Port before being issued clearance to travel to the rest of the Australian ports?
Also, how long does these kind of things usually take? As I know here in Victoria we had a massive back log of cars few months ago due to the stink bug situation
Just curious that's all.....

Reactions: MrMister and inexus
Just received an email from Tesla saying “we have recently been advised of a significant delay impacting the arrival and berthing of the Glovis Caravel vessel due to Australian biosecurity measures.” My delivery in Sydney, checked the app there’s still no update on a new date range but still Nov 16 to Dec 7.
Hopefully before Christmas 🥲

Reactions: MrMister
My MYLR is on the Glovis Caravel and I'll be picking it up in Brisbane. It's still showing Oct 31 - Nov 21 through the app, and I haven't received any email updates about delays. The VIN shows up in https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/.

I contacted Tesla via SMS yesterday, and they said that "Shortly, you will receive a text message from Tesla which is where you will schedule in your pick up date and time". I wonder if they partially unloaded GC in Brisbane? Or maybe that's just Tesla's generic response when you ask about delivery dates..

Just received an email from Tesla saying “we have recently been advised of a significant delay impacting the arrival and berthing of the Glovis Caravel vessel due to Australian biosecurity measures.” My delivery in Sydney, checked the app there’s still no update on a new date range but still Nov 16 to Dec 7.
Just our luck 🫠
Really could use with the car for our planned Xmas trip.

I got the same email with the same EDD through the app.

When I checked NSW port authority it said the GC was expected to arrive 7th of Nov at 8am.

The waiting game continues