Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bjorn doing his first review of the MY RWD. Switching from the M3 to MY, I was concerned about the loss of efficiency. I'm on a roadtrip through Victoria and have been averaging 150Wh/km for over 2200kms, which is very comparable to the great efficiency I used to get out of the SR+.

Tesla do seem to have great efficiency.
Our MY RWD has done 12,342 km with avg. energy use of 154 Wh/km and
our M3 RWD has done 39,646 km with avg. energy use of 134 Wh/km

Would be interested if you have some kind of trip report :)
I'll likely do a write up of the return Melb - Syd leg. What I can report now about living in Melbourne without home charging compared to 12 months ago is that I've used the type 2 cable a lot more on the streets as there are more charging options, and that the chargers in the shopping centres are always taken.

You meet the nicest people at charging stations, particularly when they're trying to figure out how to use them. :)

I'll likely do a write up of the return Melb - Syd leg. What I can report now about living in Melbourne without home charging compared to 12 months ago is that I've used the type 2 cable a lot more on the streets as there are more charging options, and that the chargers in the shopping centres are always taken.

You meet the nicest people at charging stations, particularly when they're trying to figure out how to use them. :)
I would be keen to know what numbers you get. We've been doing the Melb to CBR in our ioniq 5 (AWD + normal mode) this past year+ and we get a 175 - 190wh/km on highways with a ~160 in town.

Keen to compare when we get the MY on Sunday!

I would be keen to know what numbers you get. We've been doing the Melb to CBR in our ioniq 5 (AWD + normal mode) this past year+ and we get a 175 - 190wh/km on highways with a ~160 in town.

Keen to compare when we get the MY on Sunday!
After around 2300kms of the road trip where I've gone as far south as Point Lonsdale I've averaged 149Wh/km. It's not babied off the lights and always run at the speed limit.

• Love
Reactions: Neer
Things that I concur with this performance test:
  1. The Hankooks perform and suit the car, but the rears can be overwhelmed by the 390Nm (!)
  2. The regen seems to be capped on steeper downhill runs
  3. Performance of the MY RWD is more than adequate.

no other car maker could treat customers like mushrooms and get away with it ..
You should see what BMW are doing with the iX1. They just moved the price up approx $3k and removed options for a car with an 11 month wait and just to top it off signing up today doesn't guarantee price as there's a carve out in the sale agreement that allows them to put the price up prior to delivery. Given how close this car sits to the LCT threshold thats got to be a killer for those looking to purchase on a novated lease!

Reactions: Robbo_707