Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thankyou!

The colour is Midnight Silver Metallic (so the HW3 model) - it was / is inventory stock :)

Have still been given a 3-5 week estimated delivery date, I assume that this is a 'default' response?
I’m surprised that they’re making you wait for HW3 stock. Have you actually spoken to anyone yet?

My understanding was here in WA they’re only advertising the HW3 inventory, the HW4 isn’t even an option unless you specifically ask. It came up in our WA thread, there’s a bunch of us waiting for quicksilvers without any idea when to expect and the poster was told there was one HW4 model in inventory available, but it wasn’t listed on the website

I’m surprised that they’re making you wait for HW3 stock. Have you actually spoken to anyone yet?

My understanding was here in WA they’re only advertising the HW3 inventory, the HW4 isn’t even an option unless you specifically ask. It came up in our WA thread, there’s a bunch of us waiting for quicksilvers without any idea when to expect and the poster was told there was one HW4 model in inventory available, but it wasn’t listed on the website
Yes, I spoke to an advisor here in Melbourne and they specifically mentioned that even the HW3 inventory stock has a 3-5 week estimated delivery date.

Not sure if that was to try and push me towards new stock, but I chose inventory stock instead due to price and colour.

Maybe 3-5 weeks is 'always' the default response regardless if inventory or not, with the app then updating to a sooner estimated delivery date soon?

Yes, I spoke to an advisor here in Melbourne and they specifically mentioned that even the HW3 inventory stock has a 3-5 week estimated delivery date.

Not sure if that was to try and push me towards new stock, but I chose inventory stock instead due to price and colour.

Maybe 3-5 weeks is 'always' the default response regardless if inventory or not, with the app then updating to a sooner estimated delivery date soon?
Out of curiosity, what's the build date?
This will be on the invoice.

Yeah i reckon come June we will all be getting EDD's for July.
If could have something to do with the new Long Range RWD that has just been released in the USA. might be releasing soon for us.
Yeah I am wondering if this is something to do with that, but I’m sceptical of two dramatic changes in a row.
Still, Tesla don’t do things the normal way.

I am at the accepting stage of our wait. My i30 still runs well, so at least I’m not without a car.
The annoying life things are just that - annoying, like having to borrow a friend and his ford ranger to get a rug from ikea that would’ve fit in the Tesla but not my i30

Last edited:

Have now received an email and SMS to book in a delivery appointment.

Scheduled a delivery appointment for 2 weeks time as this was the earliest time available.

Surely with inventory stock, it shouldn't be that long? How many cars are Tesla *actually* selling in that inventory stock is still taking 2 weeks to deliver?

Not really in a rush, but I thought the turnaround time would / should be quicker.

It's not that surprising that the next 2 weeks are fully booked out with other deliveries. They don't aim to have delivery staff sitting around doing nothing.

It could have been a lot slower - inventory vehicles aren't necessarily even in the country yet!

I ordered a White perforamance on 11 April and still no VIN. I'm hearing that there are Black, Stealth Grey and Red Performance models that are not yet assigned so if anyone wants those colours (I don't) might be worth checking with the call centre!