Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited to collect our M3 on Saturday. What is the typical initial SoC on picking up the car?
It really depends on how busy the delivery centre is. My first M3 was only delivered with 28% and I had a 100km drive home so was a bit worried and mentioned it to them and they apologised and said that they had so many cars going through they just didn’t have time to charge them. It did make it home though. When I picked up the MY it was at around 60%-ish from memory.

Reactions: dronus
It really depends on how busy the delivery centre is. My first M3 was only delivered with 28% and I had a 100km drive home so was a bit worried and mentioned it to them and they apologised and said that they had so many cars going through they just didn’t have time to charge them. It did make it home though. When I picked up the MY it was at around 60%-ish from memory.
Mine had like 80%+ from memory.

If it is lower and this is your first EV It’s a good opportunity to research where your nearest charging facility is and familiarise yourself with it (and more importantly show off your brand new car to other EV drivers!) while you top up.
While it’s topping up you can breathe in that new car smell, have a look around the car and let the heart rate settle down before driving home ❤️

• Funny
Reactions: Gavarse and muddie
Thanks for the feedback on the initial charge level.

How long does the delivery process take on the day?
It’s pretty quick.
You go in, they check your ID, get you set up on your phone, show you to your car.
Then they can show you around it or you can check it out, accept delivery in the app and drive out.
Maybe 30 mins if you string it out.

Thanks for the feedback on the initial charge level.

How long does the delivery process take on the day?
Can confirm what everyone else here has said. If you're there longer than 30 minutes then that's a choice on your part. 😂

They basically have about 10 minutes of stuff to run through with you. They leave you alone with the car to look it all over, see if you have any questions. Otherwise it's super quick. Nothing compared to a traditional car company.

Yep
Can confirm what everyone else here has said. If you're there longer than 30 minutes then that's a choice on your part. 😂

They basically have about 10 minutes of stuff to run through with you. They leave you alone with the car to look it all over, see if you have any questions. Otherwise it's super quick. Nothing compared to a traditional car company.
Yep no showing you thru all their departments that are hoping to fleece more money out of you… service, the attractive person selling carpet protection etc.
When I bought my Calais the lady tried to sell me carpet protection, guaranteeing that the pile would retain a certain percentage of height after 2 years. I asked if that relates to the cars carpet, or the factory mats it came with, and how exactly that is measured… needless to say she didn’t get a sale…

• Funny
Reactions: BTRProducer
Urgh. I need to vent. 😂

As much as I love the idea of getting a PPF wrap and ceramic paint protection and tinted windows... Man, back to waiting for my car to be ready for me to drive is such a pain!

My advice to anyone who does this is don't let yourself have the car for any amount of time between collection from Tesla and dropping off for the protection. Don't let yourself know how nice it is to drive before they take it off you. 🤣

Urgh. I need to vent. 😂

As much as I love the idea of getting a PPF wrap and ceramic paint protection and tinted windows... Man, back to waiting for my car to be ready for me to drive is such a pain!

My advice to anyone who does this is don't let yourself have the car for any amount of time between collection from Tesla and dropping off for the protection. Don't let yourself know how nice it is to drive before they take it off you. 🤣
I knew you’d come to regret this when you said it was a five day job

Think of the end gain though

I knew you’d come to regret this when you said it was a five day job

Think of the end gain though
Oh, I definitely regretted it from the get go. Just didn't know exactly how painful it would feel. 😂

Just focussed on the endgame. And I should hopefully get it back tomorrow afternoon, or Saturday lunch time at the latest.

But really. I should have dropped it in Saturday morning and just not given myself 48 hours to fall in love with driving this car. 😂

Urgh. I need to vent. 😂

Think of it this way. You got a glimpse a d drive of your new car before some of us here. When you get it back it will be all protected and shinier taking your love for it to the next level, and it will never leave your sight again.

• Love
Reactions: BTRProducer
Think of it this way. You got a glimpse a d drive of your new car before some of us here. When you get it back it will be all protected and shinier taking your love for it to the next level, and it will never leave your sight again.
Well said. And I agree with everything you've said.

Still, at least tonight I have confirmation I am getting the car back Saturday lunch time. So that helps. 😊