Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe thats one of the reasons for the hike in insurance costs for Tesla
One thing that I am very surprise about (it might be a common sense for most ppl) is how many shared / common parts between brands for ICE car. (some local garages can easily walk next door to get spare parts from other garages, I bet you can't do that for Tesla car)
I am guessing given Tesla is relatively new in Australia (compare to other ICE brands), it will take a while for it to bring down the repair cost.

Reactions: bsbh
maybe thats one of the reasons for the hike in insurance costs for Tesla
Insurance for my car (RACV) was super reasonable.
Im 41yo, no claims in forever, the M3LR isn't financed and my other 2 cars ('17 SSV Redline and '13 Ford Ranger XLS) are insured with them also, so i get 10% discount for multiple policies.
The M3LR is costing me close enough to $1300 per year that it makes little difference.

Not complaining about that one bit!

Im 41yo, no claims in forever, the M3LR isn't financed and my other 2 cars ('17 SSV Redline and '13 Ford Ranger XLS) are insured with them also, so i get 10% discount for multiple policies.
The M3LR is costing me close enough to $1300 per year that it makes little difference.

thats a great value mate. Unfortunately it's a big increase for me over my ICE car. I guess it is what it is

Im a tad older but also no claims etc. Mine is fairly close to that, but has the SA rorting taxes built in hahaha

Reactions: SiLENC3
My delivery date for in Adelaide has also just changed...
Last week SA advised I would receive my Tesla by end of February (was questioning due to NL and car trade in) 15 minutes ago when on the phone to Tesla my est delivery was pushed back between 4/3 to 6/4..... just checked again now as I was typing and its not even showing a est anymore?

Last week SA advised I would receive my Tesla by end of February (was questioning due to NL and car trade in) 15 minutes ago when on the phone to Tesla my est delivery was pushed back between 4/3 to 6/4..... just checked again now as I was typing and its not even showing a est anymore?
They must be getting hammered down there...

Is anyone on here taking delivery today? If not i might drive past for a sticky beak for you all :)

They must be getting hammered down there...

Is anyone on here taking delivery today? If not i might drive past for a sticky beak for you all :)
I'll see if i can get to Holden's carpark (Adelaide) and see what is happening there. Let's us know if you manage to get down to the DC and chat to any of the staff! :)

I think Tesla should offer stress balls or therapy sessions when you order a car, in anticipation of the emotional roll coaster ahead.

• Love
Reactions: Tesl3on and dronus
I'll see if i can get to Holden's carpark (Adelaide) and see what is happening there. Let's us know if you manage to get down to the DC and chat to any of the staff! :)

I think Tesla should offer stress balls or therapy sessions when you order a car, in anticipation of the emotional roll coaster ahead.
Ill defo swing past this arvo and have a look.
Ill be in the m3h too so that might soin them out.
Might ask if they know that the stalks are missing..
Anyone looking for a certain colour/combo in particular? Ill try and get pics

watch the insurers as it’s usually cheapest the first year and it will rise in second year

Reactions: Riasta
Forgot to mention the confusing part… When I spoke to them first, they said that my car was either already in Adelaide or on its way to Adelaide and that they can only do so many deliveries per day because they needed to get the vehicles washed, cleaned and ready for pick up. Today they said it hasn’t even left Melbourne yet.

Forgot to mention the confusing part… When I spoke to them first, they said that my car was either already in Adelaide or on its way to Adelaide and that they can only do so many deliveries per day because they needed to get the vehicles washed, cleaned and ready for pick up. Today they said it hasn’t even left Melbourne yet.
im not sure if they know where the cars are until they get to Adelaide, ie if its not in Adelaide but you know its in the country its either in Melbourne or on the road, thats about it.

Either way it doesnt really matter where it is until its ready for delivery...

Just got sent this, there is at least one ultra red getting around the south of rAdelaide

IMG_9093.jpeg

I am in Melbourne. I believe it was a bit of bad luck. First was the compliance issue, then was the bad weather a few days ago that impact all of Victoria (e.g. power outage, trees fallen down etc). Hopefully there won't be anymore delay.
Partially, but partially they have just stuffed up their logistics processes and dumped everyone that ordered into he same random bucket. I was told at purchase that the first orders get delivered first but that's patently not true.

Reactions: aaron.m