Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree totally. Tesla has had a surge in their orders since the release of the Model 3 Highland but the number of dealerships and staffing stay the same. My SA told me they are trying their best to get their cars delivered. When I ordered in Sept,

I agree totally. Tesla has had a surge in their orders since the release of the Model 3 Highland but the number of dealerships and staffing stay the same. My SA told me they are trying their best to get their cars delivered. When I ordered in Sept,
I'm not sure whether I am missing anything here, but it seems like the bottle neck is cleaning the cars and getting them delivered in higher volume? I would've thought that these are easy issues to address. What am I missing?

i am concerned about Tesla’s ability to cope when it comes to servicing/maintainance as they dont have enough dealerships/manpower to cope with the number of Teslas sold
as @SiLENC3 mentions servicing isnt really a thing.

I had an issue with my display thing, logged a job in the app, got a message first thing in the morning and they fixed it over the air, or i could have had an appointment at 2pm that day. This is in Adelaide, excellent service.

I'm not sure whether I am missing anything here, but it seems like the bottle neck is cleaning the cars and getting them delivered in higher volume? I would've thought that these are easy issues to address. What am I missing?
I reakon Adelaide could do with a bigger DC and more employees!

Anyone thats been around longer than me might be able to comment on the "seasonality" - if that is a thing? Busy times around refreshed models etc

@paulp @meloccom @cafz @Vostok

I reakon Adelaide could do with a bigger DC and more employees!

Anyone thats been around longer than me might be able to comment on the "seasonality" - if that is a thing? Busy times around refreshed models etc

@paulp @meloccom @cafz @Vostok
I don't think you need more employees for seasonal changes, there are other options e.g. form relationships with local detailing companies to help out in peak times.

Reactions: bsbh and dronus
I don't think you need more employees for seasonal changes, there are other options e.g. form relationships with local detailing companies to help out in peak times.
From memory the people in the DC that were detailing the cars were wearing shirts from another company ie they were not tesla Employees; so maybe they already do that?
They had 2 or 3 llines of cars coming thru getting washed and polished etc, the rest of the room was cars waiting for detailing or delivery.
If they had more room, they might be able to pump out more. I was suprised they didnt take over the Startrack facility on the corner when that was emptied.. that would be ideal..

• Love
Reactions: aaron.m
Ohh and in slightly different news, i chased up on my EV Subsidy paperwork that i put in about 2 weeks ago.
The good folks at DTF replied saying they have my paperwork and it could take up to 8 weeks for it to land in my account.

Ill keep Y'all posted on how long it takes here in rAdelaide....

Once your car is paid for and delivered (you will need the rego which you wont get until the day of pick up) ask your NL company for a copy of the invoice/receipt and your executed Novation docs, you will need to upload them in the application. My NL company were really good, they zipped them up and emailed them thru in the right format.

This has all the info... its relatively straight forward... *note* only applies to cars ordered last year. If you ordered a car this year, bad luck.
If you ordered a car this year and have it already, tell your story walking... hahaha

Does anyone who ordered in Dec (or before) still have the exact same EDD (Jan-Mar for me) as the day of the order? I haven't had any changes to my EDD at all. It is still not displaying any days (just months), no push backs, no push forward, nothing!!!