Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, serious question - do they stick to the issued VINs? Or they will give you a different car with your configuration if it is available in the inventory?
That's a very good question. I have wondered why they bother with issuing/assigning VINs so early. It seems to make the whole system inflexible. Example, what happens if your assigned car gets damaged before delivery, so you go to the back of the queue as all cards are assigned?

Reactions: sishome
That's a very good question. I have wondered why they bother with issuing/assigning VINs so early. It seems to make the whole system inflexible. Example, what happens if your assigned car gets damaged before delivery, so you go to the back of the queue as all cards are assigned?
And then, if an order is cancelled, it goes to the inventory, but it will never be given to those who ordered before and waiting? Weird-weird.

Reactions: RichY3 and aaron.m
PSA for those waiting for deliveries in QLD and have their cars on FAce.
FAce is scheduled to dock early morning 07/02 and start unloading from 07/02 - 08/02 on Berth 1, Fisherman Islands Cargo Terminal.
Gracious ACE occupies Berth 1 and is expected to depart by 11:00 PM 06/02.

More info here: You are being redirected...

View attachment 1015760
Aw. I'm on Don Juan which is arriving on the 8th of Feb but not scheduled to berth until the 15th :(

Here’s a quick update while I simmer down.
IMG_5487.jpeg