Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the trunk, lower trunk and frunk separately from the floor mats. They were all highland. The cabin mats were 2023 and fit fine. If there are differences i cant see them… there might be, but these fit perfectly in thereView attachment 1015487
I dunno, if the highland ones are available get them. If you already have 2023 ones, try them.
If the highland ones fit better thats awesome, if its ground breaking ill look at getting some

Earlier today my EDD changed FROM 4 Feb - 11 Mar TO 20 Feb - 27 Mar. Oh well, I thought.

Just received the 'please schedule delivery' text. I'm booked to collect on Thursday, 22 Feb (the second day available to me - am babysitting the grand-daughter on 21 Feb).

So that's exciting. And weird. Because the date I've just been offered is well within the EDD range that was in the app BEFORE the update this morning. I guess that my car got to the top of a list or the front of a queue somewhere. Or something. Don't really care. I've got a date!
Likely It is not weird. Likely it is to make it look like they are exceeding KPIs. They moved EDD to make your delivery date at the start of EDD.

Uffff...What a day today. Took half a day off. Had to finish atleast 5 things within that time frame. Reached 30 mins late at DC. They just checked the License and after a 2-3 min wait was taken to the car. It was a very very busy day at DC and they are just keeping the cars at the wall charger lots that were charging them at a super slow rate. By the time I reached there it was only at 40% battery. There were a lot of cars in that warehouse with a very low no of wall chargers compared to the no of cars and within the time window when we were there we saw atleast two trucks offloading dozens of teslas.

The service agent explained everything and asked if any question many times. We just spend at the parking lot atleast an hour as I wanted to update the software there itself. Then just took off with my first ever tesla(didn't drive older or new intentionally to have this experience and excitement). I was on chill mode for first 10 mins or so and it was pretty aggressive with regen. I was planning to continue but my son got annoyed with it and he on the fly changed to standard and was driving with it just like a normal car. It is fantastic.

First couple of times I got misfires with the indicators as well as with shifter. But 50% there after 15km drive. In a week it will be second nature, I am sure.

Music sounded okay with some radio stuff. Didn't get a chance to test something peppy. Will do as soon as I get some solo time.

trunk/frunk/glovebox is totally empty. No manual, no tools, nothing. Got a simple paper folder with CTP insurance and rego documents. A paper wallet with two nfc cards. Saved one in my wallet and took one home for safe keep.

Came home, plugged my third party charger set to 10A and my baby slumbered happily sipping the juice. I just turned off the cabin overheat protection to avoid unnecessary A/C consumption during already super slow overnight charging.

So quote of the day: "All those good things comes to those who wait" - Sam (Robert De Niro in RONIN). If you haven't seen Ronin and if you are in this thread then I think you are at a wrong place :)

Congrats to all who already got their piece of joy. All the best to future owners and let your dreams come true as early as fairly, technically and logistically possible.

Good night and sleep tight.
Ronin is one of the best movies made but I raise you Heat. DeNiro and Pacino, and Kilmer! Glad you love the car, there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t want to get in it and avoid the cops and speed cameras!

Uffff...What a day today. Took half a day off. We just spend at the parking lot atleast an hour.

First couple of times I got misfires. In a week it will be second nature, I am sure.

Didn't get a chance to test something peppy. Will do as soon as I get some solo time.
and my baby slumbered happily sipping the juice.

So quote of the day: "All those good things comes to those who wait"

Congrats to all who already got their piece of joy.

Hmmmm....

Likely It is not weird. Likely it is to make it look like they are exceeding KPIs. They moved EDD to make your delivery date at the start of EDD.
I don't think someone is sitting thru each order and keep adjusting the EDD's, assigning VIN's etc. They are all done by constantly tuned algorithms and soon to be replaced by AI's(or AI's already). The only human interaction happening is when some call center guys gets a list with a script like(order support/grievance for an incident/Delivery support) and nothing else.

So if you start thinking with that insight and also accept the fact that the face of customer support is going to be changed forever with AI models performing much better than real humans who don't have to pollute their emotional well being with a random person's emotional outburst for some reason which is none of the sales agents concern whatsoever you will sleep a lot better and that is not just while waiting for teslas - for any future interaction with a service provider of any sort.

I don't think someone is sitting thru each order and keep adjusting the EDD's, assigning VIN's etc. They are all done by constantly tuned algorithms and soon to be replaced by AI's(or AI's already). The only human interaction happening is when some call center guys gets a list with a script like(order support/grievance for an incident/Delivery support) and nothing else.

So if you start thinking with that insight and also accept the fact that the face of customer support is going to be changed forever with AI models performing much better than real humans who don't have to pollute their emotional well being with a random person's emotional outburst for some reason which is none of the sales agents concern whatsoever you will sleep a lot better and that is not just while waiting for teslas - for any future interaction with a service provider of any sort.
Don't know... Sure there will be a change, but I don't think it has happened yet, neither I think there are so many orders at the moment so it cannot be processed manually. After all, it is still a manual job to release a car to a customer or to replace that shelf.
On the other hand, I'm sure there are KPIs in there, and adjusting EDDs which are shared among 30-ish customers with excel is very-very simple, and you don't need to go through each order.

Ronin is one of the best movies made but I raise you Heat. DeNiro and Pacino, and Kilmer! Glad you love the car, there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t want to get in it and avoid the cops and speed cameras!
Heat is an absolute classic and potboiling tension building crime opera. But when concerning the topic of modern classic sedan extravaganza racing thru anywhere 4 wheels can touch in the romantic capital of this utopian sphere in the middle of infinite space-time continuum, nothing to beat Ronin in the recent times even though there were many such examples in the past like Bullit, French connection, Italian job etc. 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: Cocoboy and AusMar
Uffff...What a day today. Took half a day off. Had to finish atleast 5 things within that time frame. Reached 30 mins late at DC. They just checked the License and after a 2-3 min wait was taken to the car. It was a very very busy day at DC and they are just keeping the cars at the wall charger lots that were charging them at a super slow rate. By the time I reached there it was only at 40% battery. There were a lot of cars in that warehouse with a very low no of wall chargers compared to the no of cars and within the time window when we were there we saw atleast two trucks offloading dozens of teslas.

The service agent explained everything and asked if any question many times. We just spend at the parking lot atleast an hour as I wanted to update the software there itself. Then just took off with my first ever tesla(didn't drive older or new intentionally to have this experience and excitement). I was on chill mode for first 10 mins or so and it was pretty aggressive with regen. I was planning to continue but my son got annoyed with it and he on the fly changed to standard and was driving with it just like a normal car. It is fantastic.

First couple of times I got misfires with the indicators as well as with shifter. But 50% there after 15km drive. In a week it will be second nature, I am sure.

Music sounded okay with some radio stuff. Didn't get a chance to test something peppy. Will do as soon as I get some solo time.

trunk/frunk/glovebox is totally empty. No manual, no tools, nothing. Got a simple paper folder with CTP insurance and rego documents. A paper wallet with two nfc cards. Saved one in my wallet and took one home for safe keep.

Came home, plugged my third party charger set to 10A and my baby slumbered happily sipping the juice. I just turned off the cabin overheat protection to avoid unnecessary A/C consumption during already super slow overnight charging.

So quote of the day: "All those good things comes to those who wait" - Sam (Robert De Niro in RONIN). If you haven't seen Ronin and if you are in this thread then I think you are at a wrong place :)

Congrats to all who already got their piece of joy. All the best to future owners and let your dreams come true as early as fairly, technically and logistically possible.

Congrats and great write up!

Enjoy and please join us in the other threads with your experiences as you get used to the car!

Reactions: bezz and jeevas123
I
Model Y EDD's for Melb have been pushed out also.
Mine was 4 Feb - 25 Feb like you and now it's 16 Feb-2 Mar
Interesting... so same start window but 2 week range for model y and 4 week window for model 3. Other than parcel shelf change, are there any other things that would require 2 weeks extra? From what we've heard in this thread, the parcel shelf change is only a 5min job if they're available. Maybe the delivery window is just Tesla being overly cautious 🤞