Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I messaged them, got the following:

“Hi Shaun,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At this stage, it is likely that your Tesla will be arriving at the delivery centre in the next 1-2 weeks. It shouldn't be much longer until you receive a scheduling link via SMS.

This is just an estimate however and we will do our best to keep you updated with how it is progressing.

Best wishes,
Tesla Team”
My experience with Chatswood is that they are very slow. I made a lot of noise before they gave me 23rd Feb as the final date and they confirmed it in Jan, almost a month in advance.

My dates just change from 04 Feb - 11 Mar now set at 20 Feb - 23 Mar.

At this point I’m really off Tesla. Just seems like their organisation is shithouse. This means the car will have been sitting in Port Kembla for a month before arriving at the DC.
I don’t think the EDD really means all that much. When you get close to the first date in the range I think it just auto extends rather than being particularly indicative of where the car is.

Your text won’t be far off. Mine was on the Paganella too and I’m booked in for next Tuesday.

Reactions: dronus
Head down to the DC and have a chat, have a look at how many cars are in there that they are trying to deliver and make room for more to come in. They might rush you thru but they only have so many staff and they would likely be busy trying to deliver cars and chat with people enquiring about their car.
They will be keen to get as many delivered as they can as soon as they can but with all the ex GC model y as well as all the new model 3 it would be pretty hectic. When i went there i was amazed at how many cars were there, plus all the ones in the holding yard waiting, plus all the ones just unloaded from the ship. It’s pretty crazy.

Most importantly, be kind to yourself and others. It’s frustrating, but it will all be over soon..

Yeah I’m just extremely frustrated with Tesla, my mate who ordered a Jag last year a week after I ordered my Tesla, has been able to track his car the whole way including it having to take a detour around Africa because of that fiasco, and his delivery estimates remained the same since they were issued.

Seems it’s just Tesla who seem to be employing a retarded monkey to enter in the EDD which changes everytime the wind changes direction.

But it also seems as though Tesla QLD and VIC have their *sugar* in order and are able to get cars in the hands of their customers so quickly compared to NSW

Reactions: PcS000

At this point I’m really off Tesla. Just seems like their organisation is shithouse. This means the car will have been sitting in Port Kembla for a month before arriving at the DC.
I feel you. I paid my full amount thinking I was picking up tomorrow.. we in this together 🙃

It could be worse… haha

IMG_8858.jpeg

My dates (full sequence of dates in signature) have just moved back by 16 days at both ends of the range. It's a shame, but I now don't have to worry about potentially being offered delivery while we are away for a week in the Hunter Valley.

(Mind you, a week travelling to/from and getting around the Hunter Valley in a base model Hyundai i30 [2021 - quite nice for a small hatch] won't be nearly as much fun as it might have been in a Long Range Model 3. Que sera sera.)

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
My dates (full sequence of dates in signature) have just moved back by 16 days at both ends of the range. It's a shame, but I now don't have to worry about potentially being offered delivery while we are away for a week in the Hunter Valley.

(Mind you, a week travelling to/from and getting around the Hunter Valley in a base model Hyundai i30 [2021 - quite nice for a small hatch] won't be nearly as much fun as it might have been in a Long Range Model 3. Que sera sera.)
Yeah I’m unfortunately stuck without a car for another month as I had planned to get rid of mine by early Feb thinking my Tesla would be here close to then.. that was a gamble that didn’t pay off..

I called Tesla, they essentially said they have no idea what happens in the background. The car could be quarantined which causes the delay, or it could be damaged, or it’s just delivery trucks are prioritising model ys from stink bug ship. The EDDs are manually updated by Tesla head office and there is a reason behind it, but I will never know that reason.

It’s a bit of a shame, I really want the car but if I was to recommend it to any friends I’d be saying buy second hand

I’ll just add this is also my second time buying a brand new car, but the first time in atleast 8 years. And back when I last bought it was the old days of find the car on car sales, go in to the dealer and buy said car, drive that car home that same day.

So I’m definitely not used to this modern world of find a car online, order it, and then you will get your car in the next 3-12 months and the only date range they can give you is 3 months wide.

I prefer the old days haha

Unfortunately ordering any in demand car in the past 3 years will generally entail at least a few months wait. The model 3 is actually not that bad. I previously had orders for Civic Type R (10-18 month wait) and i30 N (also 7-12 month wait).

Many of the current orders of model 3 have been sitting in the ports for over a month due to this child tether issue. Mine will be delivered 6 weeks after. Still, it's in the initial projected Jan to Mar window.

Yeah I’m unfortunately stuck without a car for another month as I had planned to get rid of mine by early Feb thinking my Tesla would be here close to then.. that was a gamble that didn’t pay off..

I called Tesla, they essentially said they have no idea what happens in the background. The car could be quarantined which causes the delay, or it could be damaged, or it’s just delivery trucks are prioritising model ys from stink bug ship. The EDDs are manually updated by Tesla head office and there is a reason behind it, but I will never know that reason.

It’s a bit of a shame, I really want the car but if I was to recommend it to any friends I’d be saying buy second hand

We are becoming a one car couple. Kids are grown/married/left home. Sold the first car six weeks or so ago - and living with one is working for us. The other one will go AFTER the M3 has arrived and been away for a few days getting its paint protections and tinting.

As has been said by others, I suspect that they have an overwhelming backlog of cars to deal with right now: many ships have arrived, including the replacements for Stinkship cars and then all the Stinkship cars also flooding back after re-fumigation.

Before I embarked on this journey, I had a Kia Sportage on order for 18 months. No-one could give me ANY information about when it was going to come. Kia Australia seems only to find out what's on the way when it's on a boat - and at that stage they tell you 'two months'. Next time you hear anything, it's a call from the local dealer to arrange a time to pick up. (I never got that far. During the 18 months wait, my sentiment towards ICE vehicles shifted. Partly this was just a 'feeling' that buying a new ICE car would see me holding a hard-to-sell asset in five years. And partly, I think, my mind was changed after we installed solar on the house and I saw how much energy is being fed back to the grid each day. Near free energy off my roof compared to Diesel at well over $2 per litre... I made a call and cancelled the Kia. Six months wait for a brand new model Tesla seems like a doddle.)

But I do fully understand the inconvenience of having sold your car already. I acknowledge that we are in the fortunate position that we can afford to hang onto the Hyundai until after the Tesla is in our hands.

Reactions: dronus and bezz
Yeah, I have always rotated cars every few years, so I've purchased a lot of new cars, I'd go further than just the last few years, most of the vehicles I purchased took quite some time, some gave more information than others, but I think the other big difference is I never really cared when they'd come with any of the other cars I've purchased.

My EV journey came from a complete sceptic, I thought all Tesla's cost way over 100k, batteries lasted a couple of years, blah blah, you name it. I slowly became more interested, spoke to some people who owned one, took some test drives, did a whole lot of research, calculations etc, then hired one for a long road trip. Once I saw how much of a game changer the Tesla was, I was excited for a new car purchase for the first time I can remember. I suspect that plays a big part in why we get so frustrated.

I think the timing with the new refresh, stink bugs, global shipping upheavals etc have definitely made this more painful (for us and Tesla), but I definitely agree their communication could have been MUCH better. I definitely won't be ordering another Tesla around the time a refresh model is introduced, I plan to buy a Model Y to replace the wife's car at some point, but I'll wait until they have been delivering for a few months before I even think about ordering.

Actually that's another first for me, I've never even considered buying repeat vehicles from the same maker, but I guess that's part of the amount of research I did into this coming from such a skeptical point in the beginning.

I have a MY on Morning Crystal which unloaded just before FA.
My EDD window started yesterday and haven't heard anything either so I would say a while longer for you I'm afraid.
Not necessarily mate - the MC may have had quarantine issues, or been disrupted by the protests at the docks week before last.
Delays with 1 ships cargo may trickle down the line to the DC, however one ships delay "shouldn't" automatically carry over to another vessel.